Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I've owned a lot of bikes, this thing is amazing. :D

And it's not even broken in yet, I bought it with 500 miles on it. It had the exhaust on it, next up is fixing the fueling and a 14t front sprocket. I love all the info on the forum, I'll be posting up more with this bike and the 1198S racebike.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree! Here's a pic of mine, with 1200 miles on it so far.

14 tooth sprocket is on order and will be on the bike on Tuesday.

I've added frame and axle sliders, a Leo Vince exhaust and PCV with dyno tune. Still to do is the DP performance low seat, different mirrors, 520 chain conversion, steering stabilizer, and a few other things.

It IS the funnest bike I've owned also. I've always had race, well, everything, so I'm still dealing with not having a race bike and the lack of fairing, but these days I'm riding differently and my Hyper suits my riding style and purposes perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Agree totally.

This is the first bike I've owned which I actually want to keep longer than a year. I've sold all my other bikes within a year because I got bored of them.

If I only had the money for an enduro bike as well, that would be so awesome :D

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Not a Ducati, or even a road bike.

I can't split my 2 most favourite, fondly remembered and greatest fun bikes ,,,,

First was a Hodaka Ace 100, with a Webco 125 kit
Second was a Honda XL250 motosport.

But to road bikes ,,,
I have VERY fond memories of the Kawasaki Mach III's that I had back in the early 1970's.
One of which I still own to this day. It's a 1973 H1E

But to the topic of this thread ,,,, My 2007 ST3 puts a smile on my face when I look at it ,,, and a lump in my jeans when I ride it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Most fun bike? I'd have to choose my heavily personalized 2009 KTM 250 XCWe (2 stroke). I love that bike! It is by far the best handling motorcycle I have ever ridden and I have ridden just about everything imaginable in my 51 years except a new XCW. I rode Utah's Five Miles of Hell trail with it last fall......the most fun I have ever had on two wheels.

The Hyper is the most fun road worthy vehicle (2 or 4 wheels) I have ridden. The only thing I would trade her for is a new tri-color SP.

·
Registered
106 Posts
NICE 1 :)

I just picked up my SP on Friday and love it...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'd have to say my 98 Honda CR250R was my favorite and my worse . The raw low end power was great but the multiple trips to the ER sucked. I retired racing motoX in 2004 and now my 2012 796 is my 2 wheeled passion!! I've done airbox mod, cat delete, fresco slip ons ,14t front and pcv with dyno tune and she fricking RUNS !!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Not a Ducati, or even a road bike.

I can't split my 2 most favourite, fondly remembered and greatest fun bikes ,,,,

First was a Hodaka Ace 100, with a Webco 125 kit
Second was a Honda XL250 motosport.

But to road bikes ,,,
I have VERY fond memories of the Kawasaki Mach III's that I had back in the early 1970's.
One of which I still own to this day. It's a 1973 H1E

But to the topic of this thread ,,,, My 2007 ST3 puts a smile on my face when I look at it ,,, and a lump in my jeans when I ride it.
I wish I never sold my Mach III and I had several Hodakas including a super combat wombat I wish I still had them all ,but my favorite dirt bike was my Bultaco 250 Jim Pomeroy replica ,which I also sold My Kawa G31m was cool too.
My Hyper is defiantly the best and coolest street bike I ever owned and will be buried with me when I die .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Totally agree, have had some bikes in my time, but purchased my hyper-retard 1100s new in 2007 - 23500 miles later in rain or shine - still every time I take my helmet off, got this big smile across my face. that is what it's all about :)

bits I've added : - More carbon (never can have to much ) Nichols flywheel, power commander, K&N, stm slipper clutch,steering damper, 2:1 termi ( shortened) and suspension setup correctly for me

painted engine black with PJ1 satin engine paint (2years later still looks great)
and plenty of Rubber.

ride safe

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'll agree with everyone that it is the most fun bike I've ever owned. I've had 25 bikes with over 40 years of riding, and the Pteradactyl is just a hoot!

My mods include a termi 2 into 1, MWR airbox lid, power commander, Evolucione clutch slave cylinder, complete racetech front suspension and reworked rear shock, Scott steering damper, Speedymoto clutch cover, carbon fiber rear hugger.

I change the oil and the rear tire every 2,000 miles!

·
Registered
190 Posts
20,000 miles later and I still agree... THE FUNNEST bike I have ever owned! ENJOY!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just picked my 08 Hyper on Friday and it is by far one of the funnest bikes I have owned. I can't wait to go for another ride!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts