Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built late last year & evolving thoughout most of this ...Here is my take on what the next Matrix bike should look like.

·
Registered
618 Posts
looks good but when I think "Matrix" I picture matte black & carbon fiber.
The real bikes used in the movie were actually dark green, because of the color process of the film.

The Matrix Edition Ducs that were actually sold were dark green also, with a small matrix logo painted on the side of the tail.

How it looked in real life:

As it appeared in the film after the color process:

·
Registered
88 Posts
An IP network company had a sponsored Happy Hour in downtown DC around the time that the first Matrix movie was released on DVD.

All of the service staff were dressed in Matrix gear and all attendees received a copy of the Matrix DVD along with a raffle ticket.

The grand prize was a Ducati Monster Dark. The bike was presented on a stage with dry ice billowing and cool lighting.

A middle-aged japanese businessman from out-of-town won the bike. :mad: Looked like the guy on the back of Trinity's bike (above).

I suppose that's where my vision of Matrix matte black originated.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I painted my old Triumph Speed Triple with Ducati Matrix Green. It's a stunning color. Must be seen in person to really appreciate how great it is.

dp

·
Mr Leakered
8,782 Posts
My neighbor has one of those in orange. It too has to be seen in person to truly be appreciated. He's moving to the east coast for a new job. I was secretly hoping that he wasn't going to take the bike. ;) Fortunately for him and my wallet, he is.

BTW blakie, that is the best looking SF I had seen.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
That's nice looking bike. I have seen the Triumph 955 daytona limited edition british racing green and looks phenomenal.

I painted my old Triumph Speed Triple with Ducati Matrix Green. It's a stunning color. Must be seen in person to really appreciate how great it is.

dp

·
Registered
54 Posts
OP: awesome job on that streetfighter. Can you give some details about the headlight setup and the small chin fairing? Custom or did you purchase somewhere? Also, any other pics?! Thanks

PS. Sorry for the naive post! I thought this was an actual Matrix version that had been turned into a streetfighter!

·
Registered
721 Posts
did the 996 ever come green from the factory? or did they paint it on set because of all the coloring and dumping they where going to be doing in the editing? a true matrix edition would be if someone painted there 996 that color.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
The two Matrix Bikes by Ducati were the 998 and the 620i.e.

As far as the bike that was actually used in the film, Trinity, played by Carrie-Anne Moss, rode a 996 in the movie...
"A
2001Ducati 996, in dark green, was featured in the 2003 motion picture The Matrix Reloaded. Trinity, played by Carrie-Anne Moss, escapes her pursuers riding the superbike. Stunt doubled by Debbie Evans, it is considered one of the all time great chase scenes. Ducati subsequently announced a limited edition of similar bikes in a very dark green color, but as production of the 996 had since ceased, these were actually 998-engined bikes."

Here is a S2R800 Monster w Ducati OEM Matrix tank and body work brakes etc from the 620i.e. that my son Steve built...

He has since bobbed the tail...time for a photo update I reckon.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OP: awesome job on that streetfighter. Can you give some details about the headlight setup and the small chin fairing? Custom or did you purchase somewhere? Also, any other pics?! Thanks

PS. Sorry for the naive post! I thought this was an actual Matrix version that had been turned into a streetfighter!
Headlight is original SF no change. Screen is from Barracuda in Italy

Check the SF section there are loads of pics of it in there, or if you need some specific shots PM me

Ta

1 - 20 of 58 Posts