Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Repsol Honda has officially confirmed that retiring champion Casey Stoner will be replaced by rookie Marc Marquez, with fellow Spaniard Dani Pedrosa retained to ride alongside him for the next two years.

Following Stoner's shock announcement at Le Mans, Honda initially made a bid for Jorge Lorenzo, but were unable to prevent the 2012 title leader from re-signing with Yamaha.

·
Registered
514 Posts
This is going to be an interesting week for sure.

As for Dani and Marc, I'm interested to see how they do next year. Dani is looking really good right now, and if Marc shows promise his first year they may not be missing Stoner for too long..

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is going to be an interesting week for sure.

As for Dani and Marc, I'm interested to see how they do next year. Dani is looking really good right now, and if Marc shows promise his first year they may not be missing Stoner for too long..
Dani and Marc are certainly no Casey Stoner, Marc will need to do more than show promise. I think Honda would trade them both in to get Casey back, they're interested winning only.

I don't wreckon even the Italian stallion would get a look in at Honda.
Casey and Jorge are the current top riders without a doubt because of the consistancy and winning results.

But I suppose none of us need reminding of that.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dani and Marc are certainly no Casey Stoner, Marc will need to do more than show promise. I think Honda would trade them both in to get Casey back, they're interested winning only.

I don't wreckon even the Italian stallion would get a look in at Honda.
Casey and Jorge are the current top riders without a doubt because of the consistancy and winning results.

But I suppose none of us need reminding of that.
I certainly dont mean to undermine Casey's ability, but if Marc exceeds expectations (for a rookie), and Dani keeps his current pace, it'll certainly ease the loss of Stoner.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just hope Marc turns down the d-bag maneuvers when he gets to the premier class... He's made some pretty iffy moves past 2 years, really won't help him make friends with the big boys. I'm anxious to see how he stacks up.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Able already said it. If Honda's giving up DP and Marc would get Stoner back, they'd do it in a heartbeat. It's been beaten around this and other forums countless times but the fact remains that DP really hasn't been the super-star performer Honda intended when he was promoted to the Premier Class. Don't want to oversimplify, but let's see: a Spanish rider, with an outspoken Spanish celebrity manager, working for a Spanish petroleum company supported team in a series with a Spanish CEO/Director. Im not saying it's the only reason he's still with Big Red, but it sure doesn't hurt...

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
I certainly dont mean to undermine Casey's ability, but if Marc exceeds expectations (for a rookie), and Dani keeps his current pace, it'll certainly ease the loss of Stoner.
Even more to the point (well, my point), it will only ease the loss of Stoner if Dani is faster than JL next year and wins the championship. If he's not then folks will overlament Stoner. I think the europeans would rather have a euro champ then not, so they might not lament Stoner for too long at all if Dani wins it... but to me it doesn't seem like JL is slowing down at all. He's not going to slow down just so others can have a chance. In fact, he seems in the middle of his stride. Whats to say he won't improve. Hes young, healthy, still learning. Short of an accident or some other forseen major event, it seems like he could win it all for the next 2-3 years in a row.

You don't have to tell me there is alot of racing to do in the next three years. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts