Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, on Sunday I did 500 miles on my 696. It was a LONG 500, about 15 hours. I love the power band of the bike, and the touring seat was great.

My only complaint was my wrists and arms. Numbness, starting early in the day.

What can I do to help the situation? Risers, new bars? The only apprehensions I have are, 1) cost 2) the set up 3) the cut outs in the tank, and the lock to lock spacing

Pics/avdice?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ok, on Sunday I did 500 miles on my 696. It was a LONG 500, about 15 hours. I love the power band of the bike, and the touring seat was great.

My only complaint was my wrists and arms. Numbness, starting early in the day.

What can I do to help the situation? Risers, new bars? The only apprehensions I have are, 1) cost 2) the set up 3) the cut outs in the tank, and the lock to lock spacing

Pics/avdice?
Not to hijack the thread, but are the ergonomics on the 1100 the same as the 696?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The M1100 is about 2 inches higher in the seat, that's at least what Ducati claims

·
Registered
355 Posts
You could try gel grips as a cheap solution to wrist numbness.

The other way, gaurenteed to help, is to hit the gym. Having a strong core and proper riding posture goes a long way in helping your wrists. You shouldn't have much weight on the bars. Most of it should be supported by your core.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.