Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, on Sunday I did 500 miles on my 696. It was a LONG 500, about 15 hours. I love the power band of the bike, and the touring seat was great.

My only complaint was my wrists and arms. Numbness, starting early in the day.

What can I do to help the situation? Risers, new bars? The only apprehensions I have are, 1) cost 2) the set up 3) the cut outs in the tank, and the lock to lock spacing

Pics/avdice?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ok, on Sunday I did 500 miles on my 696. It was a LONG 500, about 15 hours. I love the power band of the bike, and the touring seat was great.

My only complaint was my wrists and arms. Numbness, starting early in the day.

What can I do to help the situation? Risers, new bars? The only apprehensions I have are, 1) cost 2) the set up 3) the cut outs in the tank, and the lock to lock spacing

Pics/avdice?
Not to hijack the thread, but are the ergonomics on the 1100 the same as the 696?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The M1100 is about 2 inches higher in the seat, that's at least what Ducati claims

·
Registered
355 Posts
You could try gel grips as a cheap solution to wrist numbness.

The other way, gaurenteed to help, is to hit the gym. Having a strong core and proper riding posture goes a long way in helping your wrists. You shouldn't have much weight on the bars. Most of it should be supported by your core.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but are the ergonomics on the 1100 the same as the 696?
The 1100 is 40mm taller but it is all in suspension and ground clearance. The seating position, pegs, seat, bar position, and their relationships are identical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts