Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to say good-bye to a bay area icon yesterday. Their last day of business will be Jan 31. Looks like the weather will cooperate and I will be able to stop by again one last time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,715 Posts
Close down and chopper ambulance insurance

Where is that located? It vaguely looks like the store at the "corners" in Bumpyessa. A place I last visited on Nov 20, 2005. I remember it well because an hour later I was being airlifted by a chopper to Santa Rosa Trauma center for multiple injuries and one less motorcycle. A good time to recommend getting insurance to cover air ambulances which are used frequently in rural areas, no other option. I forget the details, but the program is supplemental to your car insurance and it's very cheap. If you don't have it like in my case, the ride cost me $10,000 out of my pocket because Geico didn't cover transportation by helicopter. Check with your own insurance company, some have it, but I think most don't. That is why I recommend that supplemental chopper insurance. I don't have it currently, more of an issue of forgetting to renew it, but also the fact I don't ride much anymore unfortunately.

I'm sure someone here will chime in about this.

·
Administrator
12,246 Posts
This was a popular spot to stop when riding the The Mines Rd. in Livermore.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is that located? It vaguely looks like the store at the "corners" in Bumpyessa. A place I last visited on Nov 20, 2005. I remember it well because an hour later I was being airlifted by a chopper to Santa Rosa Trauma center for multiple injuries and one less motorcycle. A good time to recommend getting insurance to cover air ambulances which are used frequently in rural areas, no other option. I forget the details, but the program is supplemental to your car insurance and it's very cheap. If you don't have it like in my case, the ride cost me $10,000 out of my pocket because Geico didn't cover transportation by helicopter. Check with your own insurance company, some have it, but I think most don't. That is why I recommend that supplemental chopper insurance. I don't have it currently, more of an issue of forgetting to renew it, but also the fact I don't ride much anymore unfortunately.

I'm sure someone here will chime in about this.
John,

They were located at the junction of hwy 130 and Mines Rd, it's on the east side of Mt Hamilton.

I hear what you are saying about chopper lifts. I was in a bad car wreck in the middle of nowhere and had to be airlifted out. I remember the bill was very high, $15k +, but thankfully it was covered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts