Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,952 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
OK guys, I just now discovered the movie "The Italian Machine" ....
It's an oldie but a goodie....a short feature produced in 1976 by Michael Cronenberg, The Italian Machine has a bit of a cult following up here in Canada with the Vintage crowd. The story is not only about a 900SS but it's about THE 900SS. The original 1975 limited production 900SS. Rarest and fastest of the Bevels, still with the fiberglass tank and right hand shift. Plot is a bunch of guys try to save this SS from the clutches of an art collector who has no intention of riding the thing. A bit of an age old debate amoungst collecotors some of whom feel you should "ride 'em don't hide 'em" and others want prisitine, concours garage queens.

It's shown on CBC TV here in Canada every few years the last airing being in early 2009. By the virtues of the connnected world, the word just got around more this time.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Mahalo

I'm sending the link to all my friends!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can't get the link down here in little ol NZ. apparently we're not in the right territory.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer. Might have to Google an alternate location and post your findings...

I would like to be able to download the movie at some point. :D

·
Excel Addict
5,082 Posts
OK guys, I just now discovered the movie "The Italian Machine" and must say this is an awesome movie that is all about a Supersport!!! :D

If you have 23 mins to spare - here's a link to the movie -

http://www.indiemoviesonline.com/watch-movies/the-italian-machine

That said, do you know of any other movies that feature Ducati motorcycles?
Thankfully our bikes' performance are inversely proportional to the acting skills in this movie and I dearly hope your own riding skills are better as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ducati Movies

I know "Gone in Sixty Seconds" has Angilina Jolie riding a Duc??? It's just a short clip though...nothing to write home about!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thankfully our bikes' performance are inversely proportional to the acting skills in this movie and I dearly hope your own riding skills are better as well.
Acting skills? There is acting in this movie?? I guess missed that part...hmmm...

Acting, riding skills and proportional stuff aside, I still think it's a great movie! :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well it's certainly not a Hollywood blockbuster. The personality traits of the "bikers" are exaggerated showing them at odds with mainstream society. Artsy stuff rather than action movie stuff.

What is really cool is how Cronenberg picked this '75 900SS back in 1976 before Ducatis registered even with most serious motorcyclists. History went on to show it to be one of most collectible Ducatis of all after maybe only the greenframe. Worth $35K - $50K easy, more in Australia.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here's one:

A long time ago I saw a movie called "Little Faus and Big Halsey", or something like that. Robert Redford played a up-and-coming amateur Road Racer chasing women and trophys. Seems like it included some of the racers of the day in cameos...

It's been a long time since I've seen it, and I've looked for it ever since... Anyone?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Angelina Jolie, in gone in 60 seconds is on A mv augusta f4 not a ducati. Good link. trying to source it on dvd must be one some where

1 - 16 of 16 Posts