Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 2981 Posts

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
If I told you I was a billionaire but wouldn’t show you my taxes .
If it told you I was brilliant but but wouldn’t let you see my grades.
If I told you I had committed no crime but blocked you from reading the police report .
Would you vote for me ?

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
Yesterday we showed Sue's family 1948 Ford Super Deluxe in a local car show. That's it in the first picture next to a huge Ford truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Sitting in an RV park south of Omaha waiting for it to quit raining.

My Monster is sitting under the nose of the 5th wheel.

I don't want to load in the rain and have the bike run muddy tires up into the coach. In this little toy hauler, the bike sits in the living room.:(

I have to be out in 2 hours.

But we had 5 sunny days until now! :D

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,604 Posts
Boy, today was a good day. I finished a project and now I have no work for several months! Yes, I planned it that way. I may take something on if I get a call, but I won't be looking for anything. I can get used to this semi-retirement. :D

So, for the remainder of the day, I did the oil changes on the bikes which I neglected to do when I put them to bed for the winter. And then I took the ST out for a ride. I can't ever remember riding in February before. It's always been too cold around here, but it was mid-fifties today. I love global warming!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Me too. If you live near the ocean you don’t have to wash your feet or water the lawn anymore. In a couple of years I’ll be able to tie my boat to the porch.

·
Super Moderator
4,706 Posts
Boy, today was a good day. I finished a project and now I have no work for several months! Yes, I planned it that way. I may take something on if I get a call, but I won't be looking for anything. I can get used to this semi-retirement. :D

So, for the remainder of the day, I did the oil changes on the bikes which I neglected to do when I put them to bed for the winter. And then I took the ST out for a ride. I can't ever remember riding in February before. It's always been too cold around here, but it was mid-fifties today. I love global warming!
I have a spare room and my bikes need the complete winter makeover. Just saying. You know...if your looking for something to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bon Vivant
10,490 Posts
Me too. If you live near the ocean you don’t have to wash your feet or water the lawn anymore. In a couple of years I’ll be able to tie my boat to the porch.
I'm from Colorado so I had no idea how bad the sea rise had gotten but last year we visited the outer banks and in some neighborhoods near Carolina Beach the streets that had been closest to the water were actually now gone and houses are disappearing on a monthly basis. We saw people now living on the upper floors and desperately sandbagging as the waves lap at their back porches and houses at the end of the block disappear one by one, (they aren't underwater, they are removed as they become uninhabitable) fortunately most of these properties are vacation homes and not main residences. Whole entire blocks are now gone and covered by the ocean. Even the street we were driving down had massive puddles where the ocean was creeping ever inward and most of the waterside homes had sandbag fortifications. It's happening so slowly that it seems normal, I've never read or seen anything about it in the news.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it..the Obamas just bought a mansion ($11.25M) on the ocean....if he ain't worried, neither am I.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,179 Posts
Beach erosion is very real and happens all the time on the Gulf Coast. But it has nothing to do with the ice caps melting. The vast majority comes from hurricanes. There’s constant legal arguments going on all the time here every time a storm comes through and all of a sudden people that had homes on private property find they are now on public beaches because the water line has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Bon Vivant
10,490 Posts
Beach erosion is very real and happens all the time on the Gulf Coast. But it has nothing to do with the ice caps melting. The vast majority comes from hurricanes. There’s constant legal arguments going on all the time here every time a storm comes through and all of a sudden people that had homes on private property find they are now on public beaches because the water line has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm no weather scientist and have no idea why that block of houses is gone; Sea rise, Beach erosion, Global warming... but the sight was shocking to me. I believe the scientists about global warming, I'm not saying thats whats happening in the Outer Banks but that was certainly my first thought when I saw it.

2961 - 2980 of 2981 Posts