Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2941 - 2960 of 2981 Posts

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
Spent yesterday's idle hour helping my girlfriend's brother hang a wingtip on a B-25 wing. The aircraft is in pretty bad shape but destined for a complete restoration to flying condition. The very interesting part is this aircraft once belonged to Howard Hughes. It was converted from a WWII bomber to an executive transport. My GF's brother was contracted to build the wingtips from scratch as he is a master metalsmith, working mainly on motorcycle tanks and panels. The wingtips were non-standard shape because as part of the executive conversion the wings were clipped to make the aircraft faster.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
For this morning's idle hour my son and I rode to a local Italian car, motorcycle, and bicycle show. I only got pictures of the bikes, they had a decent turnout. Then, like we do so often, stopped for lunch afterwards. My son's arm is in the shot to give reference to the size of the burrito I got. And no, I did not eat the whole thing, probably half of it.

Attachments

·
Official Retired Person
7,168 Posts
I've been crazy busy the past 3 weeks. There's no time for me to be idle. I shouldn't even be reading/typing right now!

I got's more sh!t to do! Aaaaaaaaaaaaa . . .

·
Administrator
12,026 Posts
Jessica and I took the dual sport bikes on a ride in the Sierras near Downieville with a group that organizes a public ride every year. In the past we have done the "Adventure" route that is very easy but this year we attempted the "single track easy" route. There are several exits built into the route to bail out if it becomes too difficult. After the first 1/3 of the route we made the bail out decision and circled back to redo the first 1/3 again a second time for practice. If we continued on the remaining 2/3rds of route would have continued up a river bed, including stepped rocks and baby heads. We really had a great time.

https://youtu.be/LZ4FRMtOYcI

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
Jessica and I took the dual sport bikes on a ride in the Sierras near Downieville with a group that organizes a public ride every year. In the past we have done the "Adventure" route that is very easy but this year we attempted the "single track easy" route. There are several exits built into the route to bail out if it becomes too difficult. After the first 1/3 of the route we made the bail out decision and circled back to redo the first 1/3 again a second time for practice. If we continued on the remaining 2/3rds of route would have continued up a river bed, including stepped rocks and baby heads. We really had a great time.

https://youtu.be/LZ4FRMtOYcI

That looked like a lot of fun! I like the way your video POV switches between you and Focker.

·
Official Retired Person
7,168 Posts
I'm going to make my entire day and idle hour. Picked up a head cold from the grand kids Thanksgiving Day! Little petri dishes, they are. Wake me when it's over, OK?

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
Friday night's idle hour was to check out some good music at a small LA club. Gabe Dixon and David Ryan Harris were the performers. On the way home had to hit King Taco, an LA landmark, for a late night meal.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
My girlfriend likes to cook. And she likes to make enough food to last a while. When I come visit she'll load me up with stuff to take home. Monday's idle hour was spent making burritos of different sorts for me to take home. This should last me a couple of weeks.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,026 Posts
I can give you an address to drop some of those off, in the spirit of power to weight ratio of course :D

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,179 Posts
My girlfriend likes to cook. And she likes to make enough food to last a while. When I come visit she'll load me up with stuff to take home. Monday's idle hour was spent making burritos of different sorts for me to take home. This should last me a couple of weeks.
Dude! You must be getting old. You need a damn good excuse for staying away from a good woman like that for a couple of weeks!

You need to bring her to the ECM! :)

2941 - 2960 of 2981 Posts