Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm new to Ducati ownership (2000 Ducati Monster 900ie) and wishing to service it myself I purchased a set of heads from ebay ($125) with the intention of practicing valve adjustment on the bench. These heads were described as complete, when I received them they'd been stripped down, bare heads and two ziplock bags of parts. So I guess I'll be learning how to assemble a Ducati head. Oh well :frown2:

·
Administrator
13,030 Posts
I agree that the idea was indeed a sound one. Mike ( @ducatimike ) from EMSDUC here on the site is a wealth of information and can be helpful if you need some input.

https://emsduc.com

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
As I'm new to Ducati ownership (2000 Ducati Monster 900ie) and wishing to service it myself I purchased a set of heads from ebay ($125) with the intention of practicing valve adjustment on the bench. These heads were described as complete, when I received them they'd been stripped down, bare heads and two ziplock bags of parts. So I guess I'll be learning how to assemble a Ducati head. Oh well :frown2:
Did the same bought one used Head to practice on before Tearing into a 2V for the 1st time
found out it was really not necessary it's a pretty simple process. +1 on EMS got my shim set
and a few tools from him great service.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like the way you think. I bought a wrecked 696 so I could practice Desmo valve adjustment on a 2V before I tackled my 4V 996. Worked out fine for me, got the 696 up and running, rode it for a while and sold it, 996 went fine. Hope it works out well for you.

+1 on the EMS shim kit (I bought one each 2V and 4V).

Hey, it was "complete"...some assembly required. :)

Life is a learning experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts