Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
What happened???

I was at work last night and couldn't see the pics due to our security system (Gov computers).

I was really looking forward to seeing this post on the home computer!!

Dave

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So here goes.......
On Saturday morning, me, Twisted-Duke, and another Ducatisti, started a 3 day journey into the Swiss Italian alps, that started at the end of lake Leman in Geneva Switzerland, covering over 1000 kilometers of twisty mountain roads.
Would like to share with you some of the pictures I managed to take during this unforgettable trip.

This was the first pass that we tackled, the Nufenen Pass 2478m

at the top of the pass, my 1198s, twisted-dukes 999, and the Ducati GT 1000

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a nights sleep in Milano Italy and a day's ride in Italy and lake como

we reached the Bernina Pass 2328m back into Switzerland

Much better picture of Twisted-Dukes 999, and my 1198s

St. Moritz

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day 3, first thing in the morning the Julier Pass 2284m, best pass for knee dragging

a picture during a pit stop

Andermatt

and the Furka Pass 2431m

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I keep hearing about the Futa Pass (the spelling is probably wrong so bare with me). Have you ridden that. Any pics?
Futa Pass or Passe de la futa, is in Italy between Bologna and Florence. No I have not been to it. But one day I must ;)

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
UGGG!! I'm at work again. Now I gotta wait til tomorrow. Grrrrrrr.

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
thanks Quarantine. Man, I would love to be able to ride those roads someday. I have a good customer in Milan, I think its time I start talking to him about some sort of motorcycle trip back there. He used to own a Night Train Harley and there was a period where I would buy Harley parts for him and his friends and then ship them with products he bought from us back to Italy. Saved him a lot of dough. Last time I saw him in person was back in 04 when he invited me over to work a trade show in Bologna. Of course I did that and I was in Bologna for 5 days, but not once did I have time to tour the Ducati plant. He no longer has the Harley, he switched to BMW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts