Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its Gonna be a street fighter once its said and done. So far the 996 tail fits and i can still use the bracket mounts, they brackets will be used only for touring which is about 10% of my riding. The bike should be running next week but thats the easy part.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, its Gonna be a street fighter once its said and done. So far the 996 tail fits and i can still use the bracket mounts, they brackets will be used only for touring which is about 10% of my riding. The bike should be running next week but thats the easy part.
This will be interesting to see, I think pictures are part of the process. Before and after. Was it a repairable write off or are you thinking outside of the cube (three dimensional).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could have fixed the bike easily, the front axle was bent, the headlight was busted and there was a few cracked fairings. My dream bike to this day is stil a 998 but i have always ridden old 70"s japanese cafe racers and love naked bikes also. I tried to buy a monster dark 750 when I was about 18 but couldnt get the loan so i managed with cheap bikes. My first st2 i had the idea of making it naked and when this damage happened to this bike i decided to just go all out. i know I could probably buy a 998 or at least a 748 by the time this is finished but I'm a practical guy and couldn't have a sbk for my only bike so maybe next year :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Cool, and you get to build it in a garage. WOW, I was roughing it, living circumstances being what they have been. At least it's ln a garage now that I could ride it home and fit it in.
Check RookeCustoms.com for answers on the radiator question you had. He built 2 KTM bikes, the first[Darla] was AMD Metric World Champion in 2006. The second one is just cool, can't remeber a name on it. I really wanted to go with the orange/black paint scheme, it is awesome. But this black, yellow, red is a Ducati Tri Colore thing and works with my truck.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Found some photos-radiators

Hey Josh, I found some of those photos of underseat radiators. These were the stock KTM 950 adventurer radiators. There are some Go Kart radiators that we used in shifter karts that sure looked identical to these. Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
teaser

hopefully a few more this week

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
looks great...the suspense is killing me...cant wait to see the entire bike.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those are called boomtubes by motocreations, that is the entire exhaust and they contain 2 baffles per tube, supposedly about as loud as termis, i guess well see. This is a one off exhaust built by motocreatons using an s4r swingarm and st2 motor per my specs. Ill let you know how it sounds in a week or so.

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
Their fantastic Josh, they look loud without the bike running!

You are going to blow people off the sidewalk!:eek:

More pictures please! & video with audio!

Great work

Craig:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
saturday my mechanic and I are loosely wiring the bike up to get it running before we do the tuck and hide job, we have sheets of carbon fiber to make plates to mount things. If i get to fire it up saturday I will have video for sure if not I'll at least have pics.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Hey Josh, Lookin good[clean]. I hope those baffles are GOOD! Without the muffler, mine is outrageously LOUD, deafening. I have 3k miles on mine now, it is one fun ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heres a few current pics! I think today we are running the electrics.
The bars are LSL, those are slightly upgraded controls, the master cylinder is a bit bigger than my old one, the rotors are better also. I need to find a bit more anodized blue bits to tie it all together

Attachments

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Looks good Josh. I agree adding a few tasteful blue anodized tid bits will look good. Maybe some front/rear wheel sliders or get some bolts/screws to match. Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
998 Posts
What are you doing for an overflow bottle? I used a 916 piece on mine, took a bit of frame modification.
Blue frame plugs would help.
My black exhaust is getting sand blasted, front and rear. Back to natural, I guess.
Looking good, but maybe TOO LOUD? You'll be the one who knows best.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If your interested I just built a honda vtr 1000 and did my very own undertail radiator. Ive got lots of pics

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ive been lurking on duccutters for a while now. The wiring is a bit frustrating, im making a carbon panel to put under the tank to mount all of the electronics.
heres what I have so far. As far as the radiator goes We have a few ideas. Only the heads are cooled with water, the engine is just a modified paso motor, it has cooling fins with water ducting. I think i will be fine with a very small radiatior and some engine ice. I thought about just looping the water lines and having no radiator at all and seeing what happens in a test. Another idea is also adding an oil cooler in addition to the tiny radiator im using. The "radiator" is actually an oil cooler from a paso 907ie with larger fittings. Im hiding the battery under the seat, the coils and relays nd stuff go where the airbox used to be. What color paint do you guys think? I want to use factory colors., im thinking metallic grey like the s4r.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is sweet! Well done mate.

I have beenlooking into the possibilities of puting an S4R swing arm on my ST4s too and it looks like you have it sorted!

I'd really appreciate a run down on how you di it. The bearings, spacers etc.

A

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
to be honest, the swingarm was a direct bolt on. The mod used my existing swingarm bolt and all washers from the st, the s2r swingarm fit without any modding. The st4 has the same width engine case in the rear to share the swingarm with the st line. i thought the st4 would be narrower like the 916 bike but found out its the same as the st2. I used my stock brake caliper and I think i used the stock carrier also. It was an extremely easy mod. My shock and ride height adjuster are all from the st2. I wish you the best of luck finding a swingarm for less than $500 usd :eek:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts