Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I called up Rick Nelson at Pro Italia and he confirmed that the RPM One service contract for used, out of factory warranty bikes is only available from the purchasing dealer, and must be done at the time of sale. I also got a quote for Riders Advantage (Century Automotive | a MAPFRE company) from another local dealer which would apply to out of warranty bikes. That one specifically calls itself an insurance policy in some places.

I ended up going with the RPM One service contract with the dealer, after getting some money knocked off for a 3 year warranty. I think I'll be riding enough (perhaps 8K miles / year) that I'll sleep a little better, and I also consider it a way of forming a relationship with the dealership. Now that's over, stoked to go riding to Portland this weekend :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hoping im not gravedigging,

Can anyone chime in on whether or not ducati can offer a 4 year extended warranty?

My warranty is about to run out and im considering purchasing the Ever Red. But ive been getting various term lengths from different dealers.

If anyone could shed some insight, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Can anyone chime in on whether or not ducati can offer a 4 year extended warranty?

My warranty is about to run out and im considering purchasing the Ever Red. But ive been getting various term lengths from different dealers.

I'm not 100% sure what they offer as of this moment, but I bought the extended 6 year warranty when I purchased my 2014 899. Came in handy a few times in the 83k I put on that bike.

·
Registered
549 Posts

Dunno. I got 5 year RPMOne warranty (before factory warranty ended). Has paid for itself, almost twice. Just got anew centerstand last week where mine had a bad weld.

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
My RPM One extension warranty sets to expire on my '12MTS this October. My experience has been the same as shorten's and the decision to buy it has paid off multiple times. I also had that bad weld on my center stand which prompted me to post this. So far the thing has paid for a new starter, the center stand, grips, instrument panel and a couple of fuel senders. I think that's about it for the problems I can recall offhand.

When I bought the bike I decided I'd probably keep it for the duration. The warranty has gone a long way towards easing that decision. The bike's been stable for a couple of years and I have confidence that what was going to fail has done so and now replacements will be happening as things wear out or pass their service lives. I still like the bike as much as I ever did and it's got enough performance for me so the warranty has made sense in my case.

RPM One has covered everything without a problem, which seems to be the experience most people have had with them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Dunno. I got 5 year RPMOne warranty (before factory warranty ended). Has paid for itself, almost twice. Just got anew centerstand last week where mine had a bad weld.
I'll add that I got the 5 year tire and wheel warranty, too. a month or so later I dented a front rim somehow (Pikes Peak, Marchesni(sp?) Forged wheels). Pothole I guess. The bill to replace was over $2100 at dealer. Covered 100%.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Just purchased a '18 Multistrada, June 1st. Decided to get an extended warranty and contacted my dealer to see what the costs would be. He quoted me for 60, 72 and 84 month plans. I specifically asked about the 60 month plan so I'm not sure if they will do shorter time frames.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also asked the dealer to send me a copy of the plan so I could read through it and see for myself what it would and would not cover. The Ducati Ever Red plan covers the bike just like the first 2 year warranty does, wear items aside. It may not cover some bolt on aftermarket items but it does not say they would deny a repair as long as that item did not cause the failure. Seems reasonable to me.

Since I'm new to Ducati I would feel more comfortable having a Ducati tech work on the bike. I can see where this may be an issue if you tour a lot but I'm not in that game much anymore. We travel with a toy hauler RV so I could just load the bike up and come home, if necessary.

Anyway, I have a pdf of the plan if anyone would like a copy I can email it to you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
TNMulti -- Sent you a DM for a copy of the PDF.

I'm in a similar conundrum -- trying to figure out new vs used + extended warranty.. Looking at new 1260's and extended warranty options..prices seem allover the place based on the dealer. Find a good price on a bike and the dealers wanna rake you over the coals on the warranty.

Same thing with a used Multi -- price is reasonable, but the price they are offering for the extended warranty isn't and not sure if I can buy an extended warranty from a different dealer, on a bike they didn't sell. Wish the pricing was a bit more straight forward.

261 - 269 of 269 Posts