Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

241 - 260 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am currently looking at a 2014 1200S with 7000 miles on it. I have inquired about Maintenance and Recalls with the dealer who is selling it and all Recalls, Service bulletins are up to date. The fuel sensor has been replaced, but I don't know if it has the "D" version of it. The bike has a 42 tooth rear sprocket and radiator guards, but is stock otherwise. I have asked about extended warranties and the salesman is working up a quote. Any suggestions to what I ought to be looking for in number of years of coverage, etc?

*Update*
Dealer offered Ever Red Platinum 12 MO/0$ Ded $730.00
24 MO/0$ Ded $1,020.00
36 MO/0$ Ded $1,520.00

·
Registered
869 Posts
I would shop around, those prices are a little high. You can also buy a warranty at any motorcycle shop, doesn't have to be brane specific.

Those prices are also negotiable. They may also be a little higher than what I paid because I bought my warranty when the bikes were only a month or so old.

My Ducati dealer also quoted me the Ever Red at around $1800, per bike, but he steered me clear of the Ever Red as he said it was more difficult to get paid and get certain items covered.

I got a 84 month, 24 of those being the Ducati warranty,so basically 5 years of extra coverage for around $1200 for each bike, my Multi and 1299S.

I think it was the RPM which is Western Contract Corp.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I got a 60 mo RPMone and their 60 mo wheel and tire for 800+400. Xmas present :). I think the bike had to be under factory warranty still. My factory warr is up in a month or so.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would shop around, those prices are a little high. You can also buy a warranty at any motorcycle shop, doesn't have to be brane specific.

Those prices are also negotiable. They may also be a little higher than what I paid because I bought my warranty when the bikes were only a month or so old.

My Ducati dealer also quoted me the Ever Red at around $1800, per bike, but he steered me clear of the Ever Red as he said it was more difficult to get paid and get certain items covered.

I got a 84 month, 24 of those being the Ducati warranty,so basically 5 years of extra coverage for around $1200 for each bike, my Multi and 1299S.

I think it was the RPM which is Western Contract Corp.
I agree on the prices, I'm trying to get some more quotes. If you bought in the Nashville area, I think we are talking about the same dealer
Thanks, RAT

·
Registered
869 Posts
I agree on the prices, I'm trying to get some more quotes. If you bought in the Nashville area, I think we are talking about the same dealer
Thanks, RAT
No I actually bought my bikes in TX and moved back here about 18 months ago, but I know which dealership I think you are referring to and it is very tough to actually get a deal with said dealership.

·
Hammer Down
1,648 Posts
When I bought my EverRed warranty a couple months back, the finance lady was clicking through screens and I saw a cost of $750 for what I was originally quoted as $1,500 so my guess is the dealer basically doubles what they have to pay for the warranty...give or take.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got a 60 mo RPMone and their 60 mo wheel and tire for 800+400. Xmas present :). I think the bike had to be under factory warranty still. My factory warr is up in a month or so.
WOW!!! THAT"S A KILLER DEAL! Could you please share when and who you purchased this from?
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm going to reach out to them and see if they want any referrals. That price took some haggling and may have been specific to my in-warranty machine. Will reply via PM.

·
Registered
125 Posts
EW purchase?

Care to share (use PM if needed) the source of the EW purchase?

I'd like to get one also, and have a bike currently under factory warranty.

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Aegis Powersports vs Western Service Contract

I have narrowed my two choices to Aegis Powersports and the other WSC. Both are the same cost. RPM One is not well thought of by the dealers here and the Ducati Red is about 40% more expensive and only good at Ducati dealers -meaning if you have problems on a road trip you will be extremely limited in places that can fix the bike. (Ducati dealers are not in small towns)

Aegis seems to be newer to the industry and it covers the wheels, fork seals and electronic suspension while WSC does not. Having the Skyhook and seals covered seems like a big deal to me. I have looked up Aegis and they appear to be under Aegis Security https://www.k2ins.com/partners/aegis-powersports/

Neither cover the clutch. I imagine the wheels will only be damaged if you hit something so I am not sure how valuable that is.

I would appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have narrowed my two choices to Aegis Powersports and the other WSC. Both are the same cost. RPM One is not well thought of by the dealers here and the Ducati Red is about 40% more expensive and only good at Ducati dealers -meaning if you have problems on a road trip you will be extremely limited in places that can fix the bike. (Ducati dealers are not in small towns)

Aegis seems to be newer to the industry and it covers the wheels, fork seals and electronic suspension while WSC does not. Having the Skyhook and seals covered seems like a big deal to me. I have looked up Aegis and they appear to be under Aegis Security https://www.k2ins.com/partners/aegis-powersports/

Neither cover the clutch. I imagine the wheels will only be damaged if you hit something so I am not sure how valuable that is.

I have the Aegis that covers everything... Like you said. So far it's been great. Just used it to cover the Heated Grips that failed. No issues, the dealer takes care of everything. All I needed to do was drop off the bike and they are going to call when the parts come in to have them repaired.

Here is mine: http://www.aegispowersports.com/

·
Registered
70 Posts
I purchased a 4 year Aegis policy for my 2016 Multistrada S from Good Times in Sac today. I did talk to Crazybrother when he was getting his grips fixed. I have been debating with myself if I should sell and get a 1260 and save the $$ on the warranty. Looks like the 1260's are selling and not on the floor. So I decided to get the warranty and use it as a selling point if I do decide to go to the 1260 next year. Hope I never need to use the warranty.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I have Aegis Armor which I think offers the most coverage. Goodtimes is replacing fork seals on my '16 under warranty thankfully. Even with this warranty, Aegis only covers "SUSPENSION: Motorcvcle/Scooter: Non-electronically integrated shocks; up to 1/3 or 33% of an electronically-integrated shock." The bike and warranty was purchased in late 2015.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi! New to the forum and in the process of buying a 2012 MTS 1200 Pikes Peak from Ducati Redmond. I have given a check but I am officially closing the deal (signing title) today and have an urgent question so perhaps someone will be kind enough to answer me here.

I am being offered a RPM One warranty - they want $1400 for *2* years starting from the day the contract is signed and they stated that the warranty can only be purchased on the day of sale since its a used bike and out of warranty. They did say they like RPMone and they pay easily. I see they also do profit sharing with the dealers and of course commission so plenty of reason to sell it to me.

Can I shop around for RPM One on a used bike with expired factory warranty, or do I really have to get it at time of purchase from the dealer? From reading I see Ever Red may have had a policy change to require purchase at the time of sale but not clear on RPM One. I'd like to give them my business but $1400 for 2 years sounds really steep so I would like some negotiating power, I plan to keep the bike and ride as close to daily as I can.

·
Registered
398 Posts
RPM One used to be available as long as you purchased before the Ducati warranty expired. I paid about the same price you're being quoted and this was last year right before my original warranty expired. (I just got the heated grips fixed under this warranty too.) You might want to check about RPM One purchase from another dealer. It could at least save you in terms of cash flow.
Good luck -
Mike

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks Mike. In this case the original warranty IS expired but apparently RPM One can still offer a warranty. I will try making a couple calls to see if I can find out more.

241 - 260 of 269 Posts