Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the Ever Red warranty for 5 years. (3 years after factory) unlimited miles. It was 800 bucks after tax.

It's a no brainer once you look at labor rates. If you're going to keep the bike (which I am, at least until I move again) It will CYA. It also extends the Ducati roadside assistance.

·
Hammer Down
1,648 Posts
I have the Ever Red warranty for 5 years. (3 years after factory) unlimited miles. It was 800 bucks after tax.

It's a no brainer once you look at labor rates. If you're going to keep the bike (which I am, at least until I move again) It will CYA. It also extends the Ducati roadside assistance.
Who did you buy it through? That?s $400 less than I?ve been quoted for 3 years and my warranty hasn?t expired yet.

·
Registered
869 Posts
When I bought mine, the dealer offered the Ever Red (which I think is the Ducati branded warranty) and the RPM Extended warranty. They suggested I purchase the RPM as they pay very quickly and hardly ever question the warranty work required, whereas, they have often had to fight with Ever Red to get warranty approved.

I paid around $1100 for mine which was a 5 year extension on top of the 2 year OEM warranty, effectively giving me 7 years/unlimited mileage coverage.

I also bought one for my Ducati Panigale 1299S at the same time.

Reactions: Gadgetech

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
After five years of experience (check the OP's date!) I can avow that buying the warranty was the best aftermarket money I have spent on the bike. This only makes sense if you're planning to keep the machine past the original warranty's sell by date, but if you are, consider buying the warranty when you buy the bike. That will give you the most bargaining power because salespeople are always anxious to close the deal and anything extra that might be commissionable at the time of original sale is almost always easier to negotiate a discount on than trying to get a deal after the fact. My last comment is subject to a few caveats, but as an rule, it aligns with reality. If you're a serial bike trader, then obviously an aftermarket warranty is a waste of money.

Nobody should buy one of these bikes thinking that it won't need out of warranty repair once the original warranty has expired. It doesn't work that way as these bikes do seem to take more upkeep than others. You buy one because they're great rides. In Ducativille, there always seems to be an extra charge for that.

·
Hammer Down
1,648 Posts
I've been a serial bike trader but the Multi doesn't leave me wanting for too much which is why I want to get an extended warranty...what does leave me wanting is I've been waiting all [email protected] week for a quote for the warranty from the dealer I bought the bike from and still don't have it. I'll be in town next week for thanksgiving and was planning on buying it then but crap...if I can't get better response than this I'll buy from one of the dealers local to me now.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well the time came with the factory warranty expiring the end of this month. I bought a 4 year Ever Red warranty.
I might as well ask since most of us wants to know, how much did you pay? I think it's better than the factory warranty. Especially with the trip interruption coverage.

·
Hammer Down
1,648 Posts
I might as well ask since most of us wants to know, how much did you pay? I think it's better than the factory warranty. Especially with the trip interruption coverage.
More than necessary but it was the lowest price I found for the 4 years that I found in the time I had. Two dealers quoted me, one at $1,375 and the other over $1,500for 4 years. I’d asked a 3rd dealer but they didn’t want to give pricing unless I was there in person.

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
This thread has become focused on who sells the cheapest insurance but it's failed to develop as a mechanism for rating people's experiences. That aspect was part of my original intent of the thread. Perhaps people could learn more about warranties than who sells them cheapest, or if an aftermarket warranty is even suitable for them.

Feel free to post your experiences as they relate to your warranty. That's as important as who sells the cheapest product, perhaps more so. Help the thread define the value of the insurance as well as it's cost. Consider reporting your repairs under warranty when/if they cross the break even point and if you had any significant problems collecting on a claim.

Also feel free to pipe up if you'd like me to organize a format of some kind to record the results in a digestible manner. Maybe a Periodic Tab le (that is....I'll up date it periodically:)).

I've been really glad I got my insurance as I'm about $1000 ahead of the premium's initial cost and it's pretty much paid for sorting out my bike's weaknesses over the last several years.

Thanks in advance for adding your findings or observations.

·
Registered
387 Posts
@Pampero, I've posted that I have used my Ever Red multiple times with zero issues with my local dealer. They were not familiar with Ever Red until I brought my bike in and they had mentioned it' has been the best after market warranty that they have dealt with. And as I had mentioned, after reading the fine print, it's much better than the factory warranty.

A 4 year warranty roughly $350 a year seems like a pretty good deal for what you're getting.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
My RPM One warranty was about $800 for 5 years. Got it when EverRed was on hiatus. So far it's covered heated grip replacement, and two fork seal replacements. It's now covering the fuel sender replacement. Zero $ OOP for me for all repairs.

Reactions: ChrisE

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
That's what I'm talking about. Thanks, gentlemen!

My list of repairs:

Starter motor, LCD Display, fuel sensor. That's about $3100 fully covered in the three years by RPM1 since the factory warranty expired. I've used two different dealers for the repairs, never an issue with either dealer.

·
Registered
387 Posts
My list of repairs under the Ever Red. Had other repairs but they fell under the original factory warranty.

1. Fuel Sender -replaced with latest revision
2. R/H Fork seal - replaced with new kit
3. Both heated grips - replaced
4. Hydraulic leak around Clutch Slave Cylinder - replaced

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
thermostat

I used my RPM1 extended warranty for a faulty thermostat back in September, no issues at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Great Thread!

Great info here! I'm looking for a full coverage extended warranty that I can pass on to my son when the time comes. I'm 71 and hope I have a few more years of 2 wheel excitement left in me.

·
AARP Reject
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
RPM1's extension is transferable as are most aftermarket warranties. Sometimes a small fee is involved.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My list of repairs:

Starter motor, LCD Display, fuel sensor. That's about $3100 fully covered in the three years by RPM1 since the factory warranty expired. I've used two different dealers for the repairs, never an issue with either dealer.
This ^^^^ is why I bought the extended warranty as well. My (lack of) familiarity with Ducati reliability was the driving factor. Sometimes it's not money well spent, but I'd guess I benefitted from the majority of the extended warranties I've purchased.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
This ^^^^ is why I bought the extended warranty as well. My (lack of) familiarity with Ducati reliability was the driving factor. Sometimes it's not money well spent, but I'd guess I benefitted from the majority of the extended warranties I've purchased.
Me too... I've actually not had any major issues with the bike... but knowing I'll be over 60,000 miles by the time I hit the 5 year point I figured it made sense.

I've got 3 riding seasons down (1 on extended warranty with no issues to test the coverage yet).

221 - 240 of 269 Posts