Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a fantastic run with my SC I have come to the realization that, with changing priorities and changes in my life, ownership is sadly coming to an end. I may do a few more short rides but that'll be no more than a hundred miles or so. The questions are: (1) whats a fair price and (2) am I better off waiting until the spring to sell? I have been watching ebay and I counted 10 SC's on there at the moment, most with no bids. Has the popularity cooled off lately?

I know once I sell, there'll be no going back but I think it's right decision for me!

A little about my SC:
06 mono in burnt yellow
~ 4,700mi
Performance package: 2:2 termis, ECU, and air box
Speedymoto clutch cover and Rizoma pressure plate
CRG Lane Splitter mirrors
Gauge lowering kit
DP Cars fender eliminator
Raised clipons
Upgraded R/R

Also have the following take off parts: Mirrors, clipons, fender, R/R, clutch cover, and pressure plate.

Here are a couple photos that were taken pre-CRGs and gauge lowering kit.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Selling prices have appeared to be getting up lately and it looks like many owners are making the decision to cash up judging by the number of SCs appearing on ebay.

There have been a few threads lately on the selling/buying topic with prices and even best selling months.

Personally I think you should send it to New Zealand for me to "look after." You would be most welcome to use it if you come back here for a visit! :D

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
The Auto traders cost nothing to list.
Yours sounds looks like a beauty...
If you want to sell and want the cash RIGHT NOW . Price as you need to sell.
Realistically , put a price on it that is VERY comparable to others and Play the waiting game..

It should not devalue that much more than it already has.
If the cash is NEEDED right now The Market will decide the price.
Is it worth it to you for the extra Money to wait?

Advertise Advertise Advertise, Make up a WELL DONE ad Lots of pics and list all the extras and the service records (which should not be exyensive).

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Very lovely bike... Are you giving up biking, or just giving up this bike for another?

If it's the former, then do what you must, but if it's the latter, you may regret your decision to sell. There is no upgrade or replacement bike out there for this bike, and it may never have a peer in mainstream bike manufacturing again.

If you do sell the bike, just make it a fair price. I'm resenting the greed out there at the moment. These are bikes for riders to ride, not museum pieces.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very lovely bike... Are you giving up biking, or just giving up this bike for another?

If it's the former, then do what you must, but if it's the latter, you may regret your decision to sell. There is no upgrade or replacement bike out there for this bike, and it may never have a peer in mainstream bike manufacturing again.

If you do sell the bike, just make it a fair price. I'm resenting the greed out there at the moment. These are bikes for riders to ride, not museum pieces.
Dutch when I sell it will not be for another, unless you want to include a mountain bike in the "bike" category.

I agree with you about the greed and I think ebay is flooded these days as owners are wanting to cash in on the recent popularity. I will sell mine at a fair price when the time comes.

Here are a couple new shots as it sits today.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally I think you should send it to New Zealand for me to "look after." You would be most welcome to use it if you come back here for a visit! :D
Cheers for the offer, mate! :p I already shipped one to NZ and it currently resides in the Waikato. Here's a photo of it in my garage before buttoning up the crate and sending it along its way

Duc in a box

·
Registered
11 Posts
After a fantastic run with my SC I have come to the realization that, with changing priorities and changes in my life, ownership is sadly coming to an end. I may do a few more short rides but that'll be no more than a hundred miles or so. ]
Do think long and hard. I let mine go last year and regret it most days. I now have a very competent, practical, user friendly but dull motorcycle. The SC was beautiful to behold, uncomfortable,not great for daily commuting, was flaking on the casings and rusting on the spokes and I would take these over a piece of transport any day.
Keep yours, put it in the lounge and get it back out when your situation changes again would be the way to go:)

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Keep yours, put it in the lounge and get it back out when your situation changes again would be the way to go:)
I like this idea much better. I've seen a lot of guys finding themselves selling their bike when they start a family, usually at the insistence of their "better half". Unless you really need the money, why not just stash the bike somewhere for a while with the plan of getting it running again later when the family is grown?

If this is not the change in life you are in, then please ignore me :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts