Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

12701 - 12720 of 12722 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,472 Posts
I took Scruffy out today for morning exercise and didn't come across any steam powered anything. I have a love/hate relationship with that bike. Damn it's nice in the sweepers and twisties, but just wretched in town and slow environs.

·
comrade moderator
26,795 Posts
That's why I sold mine. Helibars help a surprising amount but are expensive as hell new. I was strongly considering a different upper triple and tubular bars, cutting back the fairing uppers, etc but never could get a straight answer on what I needed for a triple (Monster someting or other) and I wasn't about to start buying and trying, so goodbye Superbike and hello KTM 950 Supermoto.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Surely some can get near a

Paddle steamer

or a

Steam roller

or a

Steam truck

or a

Steam Tractor

Even a

Steam pipe

Maybe a

Steam pond

Or even another steam train

·
Registered
663 Posts
Surely some can get near a
View attachment 994931
Paddle steamer

or a
View attachment 994932
Steam roller

or a
View attachment 994933
Steam truck

or a
View attachment 994936
Steam Tractor

Even a
View attachment 994943
Steam pipe

Maybe a
View attachment 994947
Steam pond

Or even another steam train
I'd argue that a pipe and a pond are not 'steam powered'. :p

Anything I could think of steam powered is hidden away in a museum somewhere. Though I have something in mind if I could actually get out now that the smoke and ash has finally cleared for a bit!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Old tag, steam powered vehicle. This is the Strassburg Railroad near Lancaster, PA. The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is here also. I caught this engine backing up and pulled over immediately to grab a few photos. The conductor who is crossing the tracks in the photo caught me taking the pictures and yelled over "Nice bike!". :)
(Edited: Fixed photos... )

·
Registered
271 Posts
Great tag Metman
I wish it came up at Easter. Sydney,s Ag Society runs te Royal Easter Show it has a district exhibit hotly contents amongst the farmers. they often have individual pumpkins taller than our bikes and heavier.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Sorry about the timing Stillrollinalong. I was actually looking for one of those huge pumpkins for the new tag! Hopefully it being just a display of pumpkins, won't be too hard for folks to find. 🎃

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,475 Posts
This one is for you folks close to or in farm country...
IMG_20201017_161434666.jpg

Calf condo's... couldn't get any closer, didn't want anyone thinking I was ICE...😉...veal anyone???

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,475 Posts
A cool crisp day to ride in VT ! If you need a reason to get and and ride, getting a tag is as good as any!
We're short timing here with the weather...so get out and Tag On!!!🤪

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi Flynn
Love the bike cool machine. I like the colour but I could not own one. I have two bicycles a matte black Slice TT bike and a matte grey Evo road bike, so hard to keep hand prints off them. I can't imagine cleaning the bus of without leaving shiny spots
Are they tents for cows????
And excuse my ignorance, but the only dumb question is the one you don't ask
So whats ICE?

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,475 Posts
Hi Stillrollingalong,
I prefer the silver of my old ST2 but the matte grey gets the job done with the ST4S, the paint was a little buggered up when I purchased last spring. The rest of the package makes up for it!(suspension, rims and SPS cams). As for cleaning it, I spend more time keeping the chain in good order and riding than polishing!
The "tents" are actually individual plastic huts that I believe are used to seperate and feed calves for the production of veal meat, any farmers here feel free to correct me on this.
In the US , a lot of the farm help are from other countries. ICE(Immigration and Customs Enforcement) is the government bureau that tries to control illegal workers here. There was a couple of guys nearby when taking the picture that could have been from another country, hence my attempt at humor! (possibly bad depending on how PC a person might be...)
Apologies for the length of answers...
Our riding season is coming to a close in the next few weeks...or tomorrow, depending on the weather.
You folks are firing it up in Australia?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks Flynn
ICE make sense.
I follow on the huts, you are much further north than we are south so harsher winters.
Where I am we can ride all year round, it' just uncomfortable on the colder morning/ evenings.

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,475 Posts
@Stillrollinalong , nice that you can ride year round. I swap the ST for downhill skiing in the winter. Helps keep me balanced(depending on who you ask!🤪).
It's awesome that we can communicate these days half way around the globe, good chatting(?) with ya!
Now someone Tag up!!!

12701 - 12720 of 12722 Posts