Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

12681 - 12700 of 12722 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Is only being used symbolically as good as abandoned?
St Matthews parish of Vanderville 5km South of The Oaks near Camden NSW.
The oldest slab construction church in Australia.
Would any church be abandoned now due to C19 rules?
St Matthews is used once each month the rest of their services are at The Oaks, when services can be held.
Photo will not attach to this message.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Abandoned; "Having been deserted or cast off."

Churches are "temporarily" closed due to covid. I'm looking for a school, church, building, or even a structure such as a bridge, that hasn't been used for years, and is showings signs of neglect, ie, plants growing on it, broken windows, etc. Must have a year of construction on it though.
Great color on the bike, love it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Abandoned; "Having been deserted or cast off."

Churches are "temporarily" closed due to covid. I'm looking for a school, church, building, or even a structure such as a bridge, that hasn't been used for years, and is showings signs of neglect, ie, plants growing on it, broken windows, etc. Must have a year of construction on it though.
Great color on the bike, love it.
Sounds harsh, not bad from the guy who was accepted for a tag in his driveway.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sounds harsh, not bad from the guy who was accepted for a tag in his driveway.
Ouch. I don't think there's any rules against that though.
Someone from Detroit will probably get this tag, being as 22% of the buildings are abandoned.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Maybe you should read the rules then Rule 2
The Ducati.ms Tag Game Rules:

1. Locate a similar item that is identified as the current tag and take a picture of it and your motorcycle together. There MUST be a picture that has both the tag and your motorcycle in it.
  2. You MUST ride to the tag. The intention of the game is to get you out and riding.
  3. Post your picture to the thread to claim the tag. First person to post an acceptable picture is now the new tag holder and gets to make the new tag. Now go out there and get it so the game may continue!
  4. Make the new tag and post it. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the planet. This is an international game.
  5. New tags MUST be posted the same day as getting the old tag. If a new tag is not posted within the time limit, the tag reverts back to the old tag.
  6. One tag at a time within the thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You may not post that picture you took on your vacation last year.
  7. Should the tag be so ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel it necessary.
  8. If a tag has not been claimed in 10 days, anyone can start a new tag. This will keep an accidentally hard tag from killing the game and if there's a loss in attention for some reason, anyone can restart it.
  9. Decisions are determined by majority. The current tag holder can identify their intentions with the tag and voice their opinions on acceptability, but it is the majority of players that make the final call on any decisions.
  10. No whining. There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Went for a nice ride yesterday, couldn't find an abandoned church or school. Was a great day to be out on two wheels nonetheless. I went back to the cool roads where I found that goofy aircraft guidance, radio wave, human sterilization, watchamacallit, IUD thingie near Bam Margera's place. That's a big part of the game.. just getting out.

Anyway, not sure if this site's been posted here before, but it might prove helpful for this tag and future tags. There's a category for "Abandoned". (Hope I'm not giving away my new found "secret weapon"..! 😄)

"We'll help you find great places to take photos, anywhere in the world."

·
Registered
130 Posts
Maybe you should read the rules then Rule 2
The Ducati.ms Tag Game Rules:

1. Locate a similar item that is identified as the current tag and take a picture of it and your motorcycle together. There MUST be a picture that has both the tag and your motorcycle in it.
  2. You MUST ride to the tag. The intention of the game is to get you out and riding.
  3. Post your picture to the thread to claim the tag. First person to post an acceptable picture is now the new tag holder and gets to make the new tag. Now go out there and get it so the game may continue!
  4. Make the new tag and post it. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus. Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the planet. This is an international game.
  5. New tags MUST be posted the same day as getting the old tag. If a new tag is not posted within the time limit, the tag reverts back to the old tag.
  6. One tag at a time within the thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You may not post that picture you took on your vacation last year.
  7. Should the tag be so ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel it necessary.
  8. If a tag has not been claimed in 10 days, anyone can start a new tag. This will keep an accidentally hard tag from killing the game and if there's a loss in attention for some reason, anyone can restart it.
  9. Decisions are determined by majority. The current tag holder can identify their intentions with the tag and voice their opinions on acceptability, but it is the majority of players that make the final call on any decisions.
  10. No whining. There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules.
Technically I did ride to the tag. The tribunal had a meeting, lawyers uttered their ramblings, votes were cast, and the outcome was in my favor.
Rule #10 No whining.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rabble, rabble, harumph, etc.
Went for a nice ride yesterday, couldn't find an abandoned church or school. Was a great day to be out on two wheels nonetheless. I went back to the cool roads where I found that goofy aircraft guidance, radio wave, human sterilization, watchamacallit, IUD thingie near Bam Margera's place. That's a big part of the game.. just getting out.

Anyway, not sure if this site's been posted here before, but it might prove helpful for this tag and future tags. There's a category for "Abandoned". (Hope I'm not giving away my new found "secret weapon"..! 😄)

"We'll help you find great places to take photos, anywhere in the world."
Any abandoned structure with it's construction date will do.
Hopefully someone gets the tag quickly, as there are not many riding days left in my part of the world.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Covered around 200 miles through some rural parts and areas that had seen better days.. Lots of abandoned structures, none with dates that I could see.... All the ones with dates I saw were not abandoned.

·
Registered
- 2020 Multistrada 1260S GT
71 Posts
I think this is a good UK tag, saw lots of this stuff around. In my area stateside though not really so sure.

·
Registered
271 Posts
As it is now 10 days I will claim the tag with what had been my rejected incoming tag.
20200923_133955_resized.jpg

This is a SLAB construction church. the ran a frame with the exposed posts then a rail at topand bottom and the rough sawn slabs attached to the rail. It also had timber shingle roof originally. The method of construction fell out of use as it was not a good weather seal.

New tag is a building with a construction method not in use any more. EDIT No longer used in your location.

Tag on

·
Registered
- 2020 Multistrada 1260S GT
71 Posts
Been a long time since anybody’s built a stone block house around my hood. This is the home of Army Commander In Chief General Jacob Brown, built 1813/1814.

View attachment 994527
Like the framing of the bike in the corner! Solid professional work

12681 - 12700 of 12722 Posts