Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

12441 - 12460 of 12491 Posts

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,360 Posts
Some of you know this rig and the owner. '68 Chevy Suburban, it was purchased by Roger of Swiss Farm Inn, Deli and Gas Station fame.
Amusing bit, after putting a couple tankfulls of petrol through the Suburban, Roger saw the previous owner and commented on the fuel consumption, to which he answered, "well, you don't think I would have sold it to someone who didn't own a gas station, do ya!!!" ...true story...
IMG_20200628_151857886_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200628_151857886_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Some of you know this rig and the owner. '68 Chevy Suburban, it was purchased by Roger of Swiss Farm Inn, Deli and Gas Station fame.
Amusing bit, after putting a couple tankfulls of petrol through the Suburban, Roger saw the previous owner and commented on the fuel consumption, to which he answered, "well, you don't think I would have sold it to someone who didn't own a gas station, do ya!!!" ...true story... View attachment 988380 View attachment 988380
Beautiful Flynnmon
Just the sort of treasure Iwas hoping to see.
The bike looks pretty flash too

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,360 Posts
I can take my shoes off 3 times(no hands) , 2 times(if I use my hands once),1time(if I use my hands twice)or leave 'em on and just use my hands... or I can divide my age by two! That'll get me to 30!
Tag on brothers(and/or sisters)!!!

·
Señor Member
8,189 Posts
Old tag: a banstand or gazebo. This is in the city of Whittier CA.

New tag: a windmill. You can decide the size and purpose. This one is a decorative water dispensing facade.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
8,189 Posts
Bike looks great, Redpato! She's a beaut! (y) ;)
Thank you! Just last week I finally got it completely finished by getting the registration for it. I had run into trouble first at the DMV. It had been 25+ years since it was last registered so it fell out of their system. After some struggle the agent got it registered but it would first need a CHP ( Highway Patrol) VIN verification. Went to see an officer and he started making obstacles that would be tough to clear. Last week, with the help of @SoCalDuc, I was able get the VIN verified and the paperwork submitted to DMV. They issued a new plate, we had hoped to keep the original plate it was first issued, and now it's ready to ride.

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
John, bike looks great!! I've been following your build and subsequent DMV saga, just want to say again you did a beautiful job, especially overcoming the bureaucracy.

·
Administrator
6,037 Posts
Alright, I am jumping in, and since it is my first play, I wanna suggest the tag.
Mural.
Will also try to get Gazebo, windmill, coffee house, and brewery all tomorrow.
Making up for lost time.

Okay?

·
Super Moderator
26,569 Posts
Go for it! I mean, as long as Yorik clears it, I'm on board!

Everybody! Lets make a list of tags and then get them! It'll be great!!

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,278 Posts
Sure, lay it all on me, why don't you? 🤯 See, my head just exploded.

Bill, we'd love to have you join the game, but we try to adhere to the rules as best we can. All we need now is an actual current tag from Chuckracer. Ahem!

12441 - 12460 of 12491 Posts