Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 12199 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
OK, so I went for a ride in the 98 degree heat and got this picture, I need to find the next pic if this is acceptable to you guys. I like the generic theme of this and am willing to participate to keep this going... so is this in the correct spirit of the game? The last time I participated in this type of game it was site specific, hence my excitement for the generic theme of this. I believe a lot more folks can get involved in this format...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That works great. It doesnt have to be specific. A boat with a mast works just fine. Go find something else. :)

joe

·
Registered
439 Posts
but, but , BUTTTT !!!

They can't...or rather, it won't count. You duplicated the picture, you have the tag, the tag is yours to place.

VA Duc admitted that he didn't submit a 2nd pic yet, so... :D

·
Super Moderator
26,064 Posts
Doesn't matter. He was the first to post the "Got" tag picture, so he holds the tag.
Now, in the near future when this game gets moving, it would be common courtesy to get that new tag up within, say, 24 hours or something...but right now he can sit on it all week if he wants. It's his tag.

It's a good idea when playing this game to go out and get the "Tag" shot as posted, but have some idea of what you want to use for the "New Tag" and shoot that while you're out as well. That way the game moves along a little better. For example, I found and shot the pontoon boat picture on my way home, but I had already taken three possible "New Tag" shots and had them at the ready. It was just a matter of posting the simple "Tag" and then the "New Tag".

It also helps to keep the tags interesting, but rather simple. You may have a pink post office in your town but nobody else does and that would kill the game.

Check out this link and some of the tags: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500868

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
In order to keep this going with the right spirit I apologize for not having taken the next tag picture yesterday. I went out this morning to rectify the situation.

The first picture is the original tag photo followed by my tag photo.

This tag is a national monument. It was constructed in Yorktown VA. Any national or local monument will suffice for the next tag photo.

Get to ridding!

·
The Dude
4,391 Posts
This section gets a lot more traffic...lets wait till the game gets legs. I'm afraid it'll get lost beneath all the "What Did Metalhead Do Today" threads. ;)
Just for the record, the Southeast region has done fairly well playing the tag game. We picked it up in Virginia, took it to NC, SC, Tennessee, and Georgia.

Metalhead didn't even participate although I could feel the "divine metalhead Zen aura" as I rode to make my contribution to the thread.

·
The Dude
4,391 Posts
I like how this tag game works.

The ones I participate in on other forums are specific to the original tag photos and can be somewhat difficult to locate. The clues need a cold war code breaker to figure out, or a math major. It can be stupid.

This one is fun.....I'm in!

·
Idiot Savant
1,187 Posts
Arrrrgh! One bike in the shop waiting on parts and the other is IN parts on my garage floor. ..and I want to plaly.

Wahhh!!!

Cool thread though. Keep it going and someday I'll play.

(ie Bump)

·
Registered
439 Posts
In order to keep this going with the right spirit I apologize for not having taken the next tag picture yesterday. I went out this morning to rectify the situation.

The first picture is the original tag photo followed by my tag photo.

This tag is a national monument. It was constructed in Yorktown VA. Any national or local monument will suffice for the next tag photo.
You know that's bizarre - it had been my intention to take the 2nd tag at a Merchant Navy monument here in Canberra!

EDIT almost exactly 2hrs later, to upload photos taken this afternoon:

1st TAG PHOTO is the monument photo. Click on it to get the full-size image.

Monument is the American Eagle column built to commemorate the USA's involvement in the WW II Pacific theatre. (See http://www.asiarooms.com/en/travel-guide/australia/canberra/sightseeing-in-canberra/american-war-memorial-canberra.html). The square it is located in, is itself a memorial to the Australian general Field Marshall Sir Thomas Blamey, a WW II commander. The building behind is one of the Dept. of Defence HQ buildings.

2nd TAG PHOTO is of my ST3 at a fountain, so a fountain is the 2nd Tag

AND AND

For some of these fountain photos I had to battle with very difficult lighting and so the processed images are a bit flat.

The fountain also commemorates the bicentenary of Captain James Cook's sighting of the east coast of Australia. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_James_Cook_Memorial). There's also a link with the USA, as the city-planner/architect of Canberra is Walter Burley Griffin, who was US-born. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Burley_Griffin)

21 - 40 of 12199 Posts