Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 12199 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
The point of the Wild Card tag is to reproduce a similar photo of an object or place that can be found in many different locations around the world. Much like a scavenger hunt, examples include specific street signs, a railway crossing with train, yourself at a toll booth with reciept, etc.... Get creative

Rules are easy...

1. Find a SIMILAR (ie; Not The Same, Different) tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus.
* Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the planet.
3. Tag must be: Common amongst all human habitation Dirt is ok, but remember most of us are on street bikes. We don't want to exclude those who don't like to get dirty (wimps).
4. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose (bruced).
5. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
6. No whining There are plenty of folks here that will help you understand the rules
7. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
8. No Pre-Arranged Tag Handoffs / Linear Tag sequence
9. The motorcycle (motorcycle) in the picture must get to the tag location under its own power.
10. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, it can be voted down if a majority of the active participants feel necessary.

Remember, the point of this is not to win the game, or get a better picture than the guy who just bruced you, the point is the ride. On that note, if someone tags a post office. Rather than get out and ride a block to my local post office, I might ride an hour or so, out to the historic post office a few towns over.... Make it interesting.

First tag: A pontoon boat

Now you need to get a photo of your bike with a pontoon boat, and something else and post the old and new. If you have questions go for it.
Joe

The List:

1-400: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FqKhr7emIYCOj3UUYz13u3--_ubfhLclSqdqHnjUCbA/mobilebasic

400-?: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xju40W_LRa1QLHCw59Td6Sc6xJQFpkloDeZ8Qqg-mWc/mobilebasic

·
Super Moderator
25,995 Posts
I'm involved with at least three tag games at ADVRider and they are a blast!

I tried to start region specific tag games here in the regional section but it went over like a lead balloon. Maybe a more general "Wild Card" game like this would work better.

I have to place an Empire State tag tomorrow...I'll be looking for a pontoon boat on my travels!

*edit* Can a non-Ducati motorcycle play?

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
I'm involved with at least three tag games at ADVRider and they are a blast!

I tried to start region specific tag games here in the regional section but it went over like a lead balloon. Maybe a more general "Wild Card" game like this would work better.

I have to place an Empire State tag tomorrow...I'll be looking for a pontoon boat on my travels!

*edit* Can a non-Ducati motorcycle play?
Chuck, can you move it to chit chat and then everyone can play! :D

·
Super Moderator
25,995 Posts
This section gets a lot more traffic...lets wait till the game gets legs. I'm afraid it'll get lost beneath all the "What Did Metalhead Do Today" threads. ;)

·
Registered
439 Posts
photo tag game - Down Under in ?

I'll join this if it gets up and running.

Only small dinghies and yachts close by me here, but that will qualify right?

Dave

·
Super Moderator
25,995 Posts
If it's a dinghie with a mast you're golden!

It's up and running...it's success depends on whether you play or not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
wouldnt instead of having to meet the previous post and then also take the new picture. would it make more sense to just try to take the new picture that the last person requested.

like instead of chuckracer having to find a pontoon boat, then him taking the new pic with the tall ship and requesting that be the new item. so the next person would have to take a pic of the tall ship and then post a pic of the new request. wouldnt it be simpler of the new person to just take the pic of the tall ship, and say what the new request is?

or am i overthinking it?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
wouldnt it be simpler of the new person to just take the pic of the tall ship, and say what the new request is?
It would be easier, but not challenging nor as fun without the new pic.

The person that satisfies the old pic has to get his bike to the new tag as well - not just declare it.

It's been pouring rain or I would have been out to take a picture of a boat with a mast - I spent a number of years racing sailboats (E Scows).

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wouldnt instead of having to meet the previous post and then also take the new picture. would it make more sense to just try to take the new picture that the last person requested.

like instead of chuckracer having to find a pontoon boat, then him taking the new pic with the tall ship and requesting that be the new item. so the next person would have to take a pic of the tall ship and then post a pic of the new request. wouldnt it be simpler of the new person to just take the pic of the tall ship, and say what the new request is?

or am i overthinking it?
not over thinking. Many play that way. The whole goal is to get out and ride and see different things, and thus taking two photos. I have done 150 miles in a day to get a photo of something! Its fun!

Tomorrow I am going to try and find a boat with a mast!

joe

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oh, there's a very impressive "tall ship" in town at the moment actually. Only issue is that it's moored to a boardwalk on the riverfront with restaurants and the like as a tourist attraction. Surely the police will not mind if I ride the monster down the footpath along the river lane-splitting between pedestrians so long as it's all in the name of the mighty DMS!..

All in all, seems like a fun thread idea. I live in a city with a river in like half the suburbs so I should be able to scrounge something up, if I'm not beaten to it!

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
It would be easier, but not challenging nor as fun without the new pic.

The person that satisfies the old pic has to get his bike to the new tag as well - not just declare it.

It's been pouring rain or I would have been out to take a picture of a boat with a mast - I spent a number of years racing sailboats (E Scows).
+1 We need a pic of the new quest w/the bike.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I just rode around and hit every lake I could. haha. No big ships or boats to be found. :( Some in Boston go get the USS Constitution!

Joe

·
Super Moderator
25,995 Posts
Something much smaller then...something in a bottle perhaps.

"Tall" is more of a descriptive term than a size reference. ;)

1 - 20 of 12199 Posts