Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used an overlay (xdf) file 59M-Ducati_ST4S-2003 to change the immobiliser switch in my 999, and the fuel pump just keeps running but no change to the immobilser, so my assumption is that the address location for the immobiliser in the overlay is actually the address location in the 999 59m for the "fuel pump at initiation timer", or something like that. Am I correct in this assumption?

Does anyone know which .xdf file is the correct xdf for a 2002 999 with a 59M, that will show the correct address for the immobiliser flag? (And where do I get this xdf from?)

Regards, Greg.

·
Excel Addict
5,134 Posts
I did a quick test with an XDF developed by Meinolf on a 2003 999 5AM bin file.
Fuel tables and legend look fine, so maybe worth a try.
Remove the .pdf after downloading.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the xdf's. Ive got a lot to disseminate over the weekend, plus get my hands on an Android device.....regards, greg

·
Excel Addict
5,134 Posts
Why an Android device. You can use a laptop/notebook or PC.
Tunerpro is Win only but IAW Reader and Writer (5XM which is what you will want and 15M which is what I use) are also available for OSX.
I run Win 10 and XP inside my MacBook Air via Virtualbox to use Tunerpro.
I presume the XDF was ok for your bin file?
Thanks for the xdf's. Ive got a lot to disseminate over the weekend, plus get my hands on an Android device.....regards, greg

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why an Android device. You can use a laptop/notebook or PC.
Tunerpro is Win only but IAW Reader and Writer (5XM which is what you will want and 15M which is what I use) are also available for OSX.
I run Win 10 and XP inside my MacBook Air via Virtualbox to use Tunerpro.
I presume the XDF was ok for your bin file?
TuneECU has quite a lot of 999 files in .hex (?), and I have a spare 5AM, so looking at playing as a learning tool. Android only. I'm still curious as to if replacing my 59M with a 5AM will get me around the immobiliser issue.
I bought my wife a tablet for ebooks, just happens to be android.....
I run my Mercedes Workshop Manual in VirtualBox on a Win10 and I hate it. Probably only because I don't understand it.
OSX = ?. 15M is for a series of ecu that I don't have.
Hoping to get to your XDF tomorrow night. Lots happening.

Regards, Greg

·
Excel Addict
5,134 Posts
OSX is the general term used for Mac operating systems.
15M is the ECU used before the 59M and 5AM. Much simpler and tables are 16 x 16 whilst the 5XM. are 32 x 20.
The 15M was used in EFI Supersports and Monsters.
Most significantly it was used in Moto Guzzis and that is where Guzzi Diag, IAW Diag etc. came from.
The beauty of Tunepro is that it is possible to to work on tables in Excel then copy and paste into Tunerpro.
The last time I played with TuneECU that was not possible and only "global" changes could be made or cell by cell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts