Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Sadly my 998 is running relatively hot. Last year my coolant reservoir broke during a tour. I don’t want to have this agein.

I already flushed the cooling system and I’ve tested the thermostat but with no breaking success. Now I’ll try waterwetter.

Can you tell me your mixture with coolant fluid and waterwetter!?

Til now Ive used coolant concentrate and demineralized water in a ration 1:1

Thanks.

bye

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi Guys!

Sadly my 998 is running relatively hot. Last year my coolant reservoir broke during a tour. I don’t want to have this agein.

I already flushed the cooling system and I’ve tested the thermostat but with no breaking success. Now I’ll try waterwetter.

Can you tell me your mixture with coolant fluid and waterwetter!?

Til now Ive used coolant concentrate and demineralized water in a ration 1:1

Thanks.

bye
The proper amount is extra fan or don't stop

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
What do you call “relatively hot”. If everything in the cooling system is in shape then there’s no reason to use anything more then regular coolant. These things operate over a WIDE temperature range and only overheat if the the rad is blocked, the t.stat doesn’t open, the pump poops itself or the fan doesn’t work when idling for a long time. They’re simply systems.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
What's hot? Fans always on at 190-210? That's normal, and no matter how many times this is said in this forum, someone or some people won't accept that fact and do what they can do get the temps down by wasting money.

Don't mix the coolant with water wetter. Or are you saying to add a few caps of water wetter in water to coolant of 1 to 1? Either way, their isn't much of point. Drain the coolant and use water wetter and distilled water. It's a 30 minute process even with a hose to flush the system for a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I tried water wetter instead of regular coolant. No noticeable difference. Water wetter is better suited for the track IMHO.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I know this is a bit “out there” but I have a few issues with the advertised “science” with WaterWetter.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The only reason I use water wetter is it's a track requirement. And due to the climate where I live I have to switch back to regular anti-freeze for the winter during off season (my garage is not heated). The absence of ethylene glycol in water wetter makes it easy to clean up and if there is a spill, it's not slippery. If not for this, I would keep regular coolant/anti-freeze in my 848 all year long.

And I agree with Thumper580, there is no noticeable 'cooling' difference in my opinion...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Bigger double fans, my 998 had tiny worthless fans on it. I put 2 748 fans on better cooling but it still got very hot so I adapted a gsxer 1000 radiator to now it runs at 170 to 190

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi guys!

Sorry for the delay - Thx for your answers!

Every time when I got into a traffic jam or just had to stop at a traffic light temperture goes up an hits the 120 degrees (celsius) and I always went nervous when that at happens.’s

I probably misunderstood that.... OK now i know Waterwetter is not to mixture with coolant.And don’t want to swap it before winter.

OK so I will go for the standard mixture coolant and demineralized water in a mixture 1:1. I try to get all the air bubbles out of the cooling system. I don’t want to add a fan swith etc.

Whats up with Engine Ice? It contains anti corrosives and it goes down to -33 degrees celsius.

Thx bye

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you actually remove the housing and check to see if its clogged or restricted in any way? I bought a used bike that had the ports clogged about 30%. Depending on how long between rides the bike sits, this can easily happen. These bikes like to be ridden!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts