Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured I'd start a sticky thread of resources - links to aftermarket parts manufacturers, service providers, whatever. Especially since the Monster is such prime material for customization, why not compile an on-going list of what's available and from where.

So, doesn't matter if you have or have not purchased a part, or used a service - if you know about it, post it up. Somebody may find a use for it. I'll start it off ...

California Cycleworks:
This first link is the first Ducati resource that comes to my mind, regardless of the situation. I will put my recommendation behind these guys for parts, service, and even just somebody who will answer your question, even if you don't buy anything. Chris is a good man to talk to for just about any Ducati owner. But before you bug Chris at the shop, check his other site out first:

DucatiTech.com:
Chris Kelley runs Cali Cycleworks, which he now augments with this site as well. Products and knowledge ... good stuffis ...

CycleCat Products:
Finely crafted upgrades for your riding pleasure, from clip-ons to rear sets and all sorts of goodies.

And of course,
The Ducati Shop:
Clothes, lifestyle accessories, leather stuff ... unless you live in Italy, expect to get zinged on shipping. Not exactly performance mods for your bike, but more like fashion mods for your person. HA :D

More to come, and please if you don't see it, post it up, obvious or not. And if you're a vendor of some sort, feel free to post a link to your stuff and tell us about what you do, who you are, whatcha sellin', etc.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Taillight options

Because I'm sure the thread I originally posted this in will fade away with time, I figured I might as well repeat myself here, because I"m sure the question will come up again ... ;)

So in terms of tail light alternatives, where's what I've found so far:

Clear Alternatives - LED board only - $50
CA integrated board and clear lens - $90
Ken's Custom Lights - $60
Heavy Cycles - these used to have one for Monsters for about $230, but I couldn't find the link

·
Registered
722 Posts
Cogent Dynamics

As a sponsor of Ducati.ms we would like to be included in this list. While we specialize in suspension, we also are a vendor who stock and sell many other chassis related items for you bikes. We would love to have you check with us for items like chains, sprockets, any brake related item such as rotors, pads and calipers. We sell wheels and track related items as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
889 Posts
of course, using the address bar, and clicking technical, then accessing the resources menu will show heaps of vendors and choices.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loony888 said:
of course, using the address bar, and clicking technical, then accessing the resources menu will show heaps of vendors and choices.
This is what loony's referring to

... but you don't get anybody's review, description or opinion about the links, or what they bought there - you just get an organized list of links. :p

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Michelins online

I just spooned a pair of Michelin Pilot Powers onto my Monster, and I found the best deal on the net from RonAyers.com. $10 shipped, regardless of where, as long as you don't need them tomorrow.

Even if I took them to my favorite shop to mount on the bike, it still would've been cheaper than buying them from the shop. I like supporting the local guys (if they're worth it) but figure for the rear tire:

Shop price: $172 +tax, disposal fees. M&B included.
RonAyers: $129 shipped, +$30 to M&B at the shop (rim only - I think it's $50 to M&B if you bring the whole bike)

·
Registered
10 Posts
www.pjsparts.com

Bought some Rizoma mirrors from PJsParts.com and they were fantastic to work with. Not a real high tech website (you actually place an order then purchase through paypal), but great customer service. I ordered the mirrors and they called me to answer some of my questions. Note, I did not call them, I had some questions emailed to them and after an email or two they called me as it would be easier and faster to get my question answered. Highly recommend and they are one of the only places to order the Rizoma stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Because I'm sure the thread I originally posted this in will fade away with time, I figured I might as well repeat myself here, because I"m sure the question will come up again ... ;)

So in terms of tail light alternatives, where's what I've found so far:

Clear Alternatives - LED board only - $50
CA integrated board and clear lens - $90
Ken's Custom Lights - $60
Heavy Cycles - these used to have one for Monsters for about $230, but I couldn't find the link
Don't forget Vizitec.com!!

·
Registered
969 Posts
www.pjsparts.com

Bought some Rizoma mirrors from PJsParts.com and they were fantastic to work with. Not a real high tech website (you actually place an order then purchase through paypal), but great customer service. I ordered the mirrors and they called me to answer some of my questions. Note, I did not call them, I had some questions emailed to them and after an email or two they called me as it would be easier and faster to get my question answered. Highly recommend and they are one of the only places to order the Rizoma stuff.
+1,000,000 on PJ's. I ride with, eat with, go to The Gap with Etc. PJ and Paige, and a person could never do business with better people.
They also now have Fabbri windscreens. I really like mine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts