Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

The best bikes of Ducati.ms..

8K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  pedersen106 
#1 ·
I was looking at and appreciating another members bike and thought it might be fun to do a thread of our favourite bikes on this forum..
The rules are simple ; It can't be your bike, and you can only put forward your main example and one honourable mention. And they have to be from the Ducati.ms community. It's okay if that forum member hasn't contributed in awhile.

So for mine I'm going with the bike that inspired this idea, a SuperSports build from FourRings over in the Supersports section. I just think this is such a lovely bike on practically every level. I look at it and just think "Yes, that's how it should be done". A thing of beauty!
Since I'm a Superbike guy at heart, my honourable mention has to go to my national compatriot K Ford for his 1x98 build. Every time he posts an update on his bike I just sit there shaking my head at how amazing and over the top it is. Especially since I think he lives in Manitoba and there's not a corner to be seen for a few thousand kilometers! lol
Anyway, those are mine, please share yours, let's give an appreciative tip of our caps to our fellow community members

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Honorable mention is sputniks streetfighter:
Wow to that one. All the mechanical stuff is in your face.
Just keep your rock and roll hair away. ;)

Cool stuff. I don't have anything to add.

#4 ·
Wile E. approves.........

#9 ·
I've done quite a few. Nothing more than add ons and a flash. It takes a bit of knowledge to mess with suspension, motor and other niceties to make a good bike great. I have the skills (mechanically) but, the forethought is what I lack. I picture it in my mind, cant translate it. Sometimes I see whats blocking me, and its ugly. I've done and seen shit that holds me back.
Someday we will all sit around and you'll see it as well. Until I overcome, I recognize the art. Please continue.

Reactions: Aguiar
#10 ·
Cool idea for a thread Vanduc. (y)

My personal favorite bike is Muddy60's Supersport 944. Okay I gotta admit I'm a diehard Supersport guy Vanduc so I'm kinda biased here but from it's bronze gold frame and rims to it's dual headlights and gold on black paint scheme with old school script this bike for me just oozes cool. I particularly like the way he ran the gold striping down between and across those twin head lights. From his pic you can see the thought,effort,and care that he put into his build.

My honorable mention is Duckman's Monster S2R. Coupla years back Mike shared a build thread in which he lavished this bike with some pretty serious upgrades. Simply stated this bike is just plain cool. Just love those dual right side shot-guns.

#30 ·
I believe that's @ian996 SS... Funny, that was the other bike I was going to post!

I've had the honor of pitting with him at Thunderhill in the past, and hope to again at The Ridge later this summer.

Sweet, that means I can post a third bike I had in mind :D

I finded 'im ....

#20 ·
Thank you for posting ian996's bike, I'd forgotten about his bike. It's truly a stunning creation and absolutely worthy of "best of Ducati.ms" imho.
I believe ian996 is local to me here in Vancouver, I would love to see this bike in person sometime!

#22 ·
Two?!!? Yea buddy, I got yer ~two~ right here!! (grabs crotch). :ROFLMAO:

Nukes, dog's balls, and charging bulls:
Here's one by a member who went professionally as "Atom Bomb". He fitted an air cooled engine into one of the 7XX frames. The fuel tank and seat are hand formed aluminum. Builder said forming the aluminum rear section around that Ducati tail light was the most challenging part of the aluminum work. He selected that particular tail light since it provides side exposure to other drivers ... the light can be seen from each side as well as from behind ... an aspect the builder specifically wanted. That front end, with the large headlight and thick looking front tire really give the bike a very butch appearance, especially when viewed at frontal angles (either straight on, or oblique angles). A very "bull shouldered" look up front, giving the appearance of a charging bull. And of course that swingarm is the dog's balls.

#31 ·
C'mon guys...
What about some sexy Scramblers, magnificent Multistradas, delicious Diavels, highlight Hypermotards, scrumptious SportClassics..?
Let alone my favourite Superbikes that are sadly unrepresented in this thread.
This forum is full of amazing Ducatis of various types and stripes. Lets show 'em off!

#32 ·
... i have so many images of members' ducatis on my hard drive (thousands) ... it's difficult for me to recall just ~who~ built them all (and ~no~ i haven't renamed all of those pictures with the buiders'/members' name in the filename). however, this one is for sure a member's bike ... but, i cannot recall his name or moniker. i reckon one of the "ancient ones" here will spot it though.

.... bad ass track ST2 ....

i think it's clear by now that i'm not among brethren of the purists .... not that i have anything against those that love their collector bikes ... that's totally cool with me .. someone has to be the guardians of history, y'know? however, i'm just not one of them. i like the hot rods. :)

i've got a nice straight ST2 frame and rear suspension with clear title. i've often wondered if the ST2 would make a really nice "pro street" thing (see pic above) since the frame actually weighs more than the 1990s 900SS series frames ... from what i have observed this is due to thicker walled tubing combined with more of it (more frame members). so ... more "rigid" frame perhaps? dunno .... but it seems to be a worthwhile notion!

:)

Reactions: vanduc996
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.