Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at and appreciating another members bike and thought it might be fun to do a thread of our favourite bikes on this forum..
The rules are simple ; It can't be your bike, and you can only put forward your main example and one honourable mention. And they have to be from the Ducati.ms community. It's okay if that forum member hasn't contributed in awhile.

So for mine I'm going with the bike that inspired this idea, a SuperSports build from FourRings over in the Supersports section. I just think this is such a lovely bike on practically every level. I look at it and just think "Yes, that's how it should be done". A thing of beauty!
Since I'm a Superbike guy at heart, my honourable mention has to go to my national compatriot K Ford for his 1x98 build. Every time he posts an update on his bike I just sit there shaking my head at how amazing and over the top it is. Especially since I think he lives in Manitoba and there's not a corner to be seen for a few thousand kilometers! lol
Anyway, those are mine, please share yours, let's give an appreciative tip of our caps to our fellow community members

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Wile E. approves.........

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
I liked flynbulldog's restomod GT....but only for "The Fly"... :LOL:

(There should be a picture of a black/gold 750 GT here ^.)

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,886 Posts
I’d have to say this is one of the most beautiful and appealing bikes I’ve seen in a long time:

But yea, the bikes Flynn’s built are outstanding. I’d love to own any of the bikes he’s had his hands on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I've done quite a few. Nothing more than add ons and a flash. It takes a bit of knowledge to mess with suspension, motor and other niceties to make a good bike great. I have the skills (mechanically) but, the forethought is what I lack. I picture it in my mind, cant translate it. Sometimes I see whats blocking me, and its ugly. I've done and seen shit that holds me back.
Someday we will all sit around and you'll see it as well. Until I overcome, I recognize the art. Please continue.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,224 Posts
Cool idea for a thread Vanduc. (y)

My personal favorite bike is Muddy60's Supersport 944. Okay I gotta admit I'm a diehard Supersport guy Vanduc so I'm kinda biased here but from it's bronze gold frame and rims to it's dual headlights and gold on black paint scheme with old school script this bike for me just oozes cool. I particularly like the way he ran the gold striping down between and across those twin head lights. From his pic you can see the thought,effort,and care that he put into his build.

My honorable mention is Duckman's Monster S2R. Coupla years back Mike shared a build thread in which he lavished this bike with some pretty serious upgrades. Simply stated this bike is just plain cool. Just love those dual right side shot-guns.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is good! Some sweet rides I hadn't seen before..
Really liking Duckman's S2R
Keep 'em coming kids, this is fun!

·
Bon Vivant
10,749 Posts
I think the site has some problems, some of the pics that are linked from this site are not appearing in the thread but they appear while composing the post and then appear again when quoting a post but then nothing when posted ... wierd.

·
Bon Vivant
10,749 Posts
This is good! Some sweet rides I hadn't seen before..
Really liking Duckman's S2R
Keep 'em coming kids, this is fun!
There are so many amazing bikes on this forum I could post dozens of exceptional machines - but if I read the rules correctly we are each only allowed 2 - so its up to you guys now...

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
This is some member's bike ... I can't recall who that member is. Maybe one of The Ancient Bastards within the membership would know.

And in yellow .....

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I believe that's @ian996 SS... Funny, that was the other bike I was going to post!

I've had the honor of pitting with him at Thunderhill in the past, and hope to again at The Ridge later this summer.

Sweet, that means I can post a third bike I had in mind :D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you for posting ian996's bike, I'd forgotten about his bike. It's truly a stunning creation and absolutely worthy of "best of Ducati.ms" imho.
I believe ian996 is local to me here in Vancouver, I would love to see this bike in person sometime!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts