Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, I am finally getting stuck into a pet project.
Once and for all "I WILL get rid of the Ugly Black Triangles/Exhaust hangers".

I originally sold the monoposto and bought the 1000S because of the two seat arrangement due to the wifes desire to get back out on the bike with me.
I wanted a comfy adjustable rearset and I still require the pillion pegs, but, with nothing on the market it quickly became obvious that I need to make them myself, so that is exactly what I will do - But with a twist. I will be making the pillion pegs removable.:cool:

The rearsets will be machined from billet, will carry their own gear and brake levers (re-positioning the master cyl at the engine ala Mono/PS style), and will be adjustable to anywhere within an inch radius of the standard "Monoposto/PS" peg placement - Higher and further back than Biposto/GT.
The heal guard from the riders rearsets will be removed and the pillion pegs secured in their place, then the guard will be moved up to the pillion pegs.

This obviously necessitates a stand alone exhaust hanger system which I have already "mud-mapped out" to be machined from 6061 billet aluminium.

Nothing more will be revealed at the moment apart from this "before" pic.

......Watch this space......

Ohh... One more thing. All this has do be designed to fit not only the standard and Termi equiped bikes, but also marry in with the NEW WASP exhaust system I have on the drawing board...:cool:

Greg.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very interested!!

:) This sounds most intriguing!!!

Very interested and may now hold off on those rear sets i've been eyeing up!

Gregg, is this a long term distance future thing or could it be in time for Santas sack?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) This sounds most intriguing!!!

Very interested and may now hold off on those rear sets i've been eyeing up!

Gregg, is this a long term distance future thing or could it be in time for Santas sack?
It is my sole focus at the moment...:)
Along with getting current Puk kits, TMSD kits, Tail Chop kits and the likes out the door to fill orders. Not to mention other products under development;)

Should only be a matter of one to two months max - He says clutching both balls.
It will be well and truely tried and tested in time for my ride from Adelaide to Phillip Island MotoGP (Oct 17).

Greg.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Greg!!! are you trying to ruin us financially?!?!?!
I was mainly interested in the WaspPUKs1, but now, my priorities have just shifted!!!
Knowing your quality of work... I'm really looking forward to this solution...
& If you want a guinea pig to test them, I happily volunteer :)

~k

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was mainly interested in the WaspPUKs1, but now, my priorities have just shifted!!!
~k
koucki - WaspPUK kits are available NOW - Still a month or two to save the $s for rearsets...:D

Greg.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
I wanted a comfy adjustable rearset and I still require the pillion pegs, but, with nothing on the market it quickly became obvious that I need to make them myself, so that is exactly what I will do - But with a twist. I will be making the pillion pegs removable.:cool:
I'm glad that your doing this. I've got a monoposto but wouldn't mind having a biposto. I've been thinking that removable pillion pegs would keep a much cleaner look (like the mono) when riding single.:cool: Good man!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
About time !!!!

It must have been over 18 months ago that you first mentioned that you would come up with a solution for the big black triangle.

I'll be watching with interest to see what you come up with, particularly how you work with the stock and Termi pipes, and have it all look integrated.

I know it is a difficult problem to solve. Personally, I don't like anything hanging down near the shocks, all the solutions shown to date detract from the appearance of the twin shocks, which I think is a feature in the appearance of our bikes. But then if the exhuast hanger doesn't come down from above, then it needs to be some sort of triangle solution, unless you have found some other radical solution.

I know the solution that I came up with (see the url in my signature) only works because I designed the triangle modification to work along with a custome made exhaust. It was never going to look any good with the stock or Termi exhausts.

Even though I'm not inthe market for your solution, I'll be following with interest to see what you come up with. All the best with it.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greg,

Maybe the wife want's to be on the bike behind you because she's had enough of being under you!:p;):D
Behind, in-front, under, over, mid-stride, doing the dishes, cooking dinner... Any time there is 32 seconds spare:eek:... there's no escape:D

Greg

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Greg!!! are you trying to ruin us financially?!?!?!
Knowing your quality of work... I'm really looking forward to this solution...
& If you want a guinea pig to test them, I happily volunteer :)

~k
stand in line mate, Aussies and mates have priority here :D

Greg and I have already spoken about this and I am the fat hairy guinea pig for this one... :cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I think the term is " crash test dummy"....lol

You may need to shave by October if you're that hairy!
back, sack and crack wax :p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bloody Hell

Bloody hell Greg I'm still saving up for the power up kit. Tell me could I use a PC V and autotune - I know they're for 2009 bikes but they still make our bike? How do we get around the 'grey import' stuff that Dynojet get so upset about - they won't support PC's bought in from cheaper countries like the states here in blighty.

I really want to eliminate the triangles and look forward to seeing what you've come up with - stick me on your list. Keep up the good work mate.

By the way we might actually whoop your arses in the ashes for once. Well twice in recent times. I know, I know 2007, whitewash etc. It's good for the game though.:D

Regards Nick

·
Registered
348 Posts
Behind, in-front, under, over, mid-stride, doing the dishes, cooking dinner... Any time there is 32 seconds spare:eek:... there's no escape:D

Greg
Mrs Wasp is living with a sexual preditor!! :D

How about a joke..

So, this woman wants to dress up sexy for her husband because she thinks he has lost interest in her sexually. So she nips down the shops and picks up some sexy stockings, high shoes and some frilly open crotch panties.

The weekend comes, so Saturday night while he is sitting in his chair opening his shipment of parts from Motowheels,( could of been the newspaper!) she slips up stairs and slips her sexy gear on with a short black skirt.

She comes down stairs, walks into the living room and sits across from him. After a few moments she lifts one leg up to show all.

He looks up and says, "Do you have open crotch panties on?". "Yes I do she replied, what do you think?" . He replied," Thank christ for that, I thought the stuffing was coming out the couch"!

·
Registered
775 Posts

Greg
Good man! Reminds me of my wedding night.

Mrs Hart said, "Give me 12 inches & hurt me!".

So I shagged her 3 times & then broke her nose..........

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
looking forward to your design - this has been on my mind for quite some time as well...

i currently have a mono with a gt tank/seat and just bolted up a pair of triangles as a temp. measure to give my wife some place for her feet.

i've been staring at those triangles trying to come up with an efficient set of removable pillion pegs but the big problem i'm trying to work around is the flimsy connection point at the frame for the rearsets. the stock mono rearsets bolt up to two points: one is at a frame tube, but the lower one is on a piece of stamped sheet metal and i'm not confident it will take the torque of a 120 lb. pillion standing way out on that lever arm to swing a leg over the seat without bending.

the triangles pick up the support points at the bottom of the cases, but that starts messing with the rear brake slave location...

keep us posted!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts