Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new do gooders preposal for zero tolarance for alcohol for motor cycle riders here in Queensland NOT CAR DRIVERS . there still .05

thats is F%$#k buul S**T
think your got worse law makers
shanetbird

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Where do they get these Moronic Imbiciles ,that would even think to suggest out loud that kind of CRAP. Could they make it any Stupider,,,

We got some real winners here too...
The Stunt Law -50km over roadside impound $1,500.oo fine
That includes a wheelie or a stoppie or even a burnout, a donut on a 4 wheeler skys the limit..
They got a 60 year old lady passing a transport she was doing 131 in an 80 km.
They also got an unmarked police cruiser for speeding too . Imagine being the cop and telling your boss that the car was impounded ,and you lost your license so some one had better come and pick you up....
Astounding and it is going to get worse...

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
They are more British down there than they like to admit~ Check out their firearms laws!!

·
Registered
862 Posts
There is a new do gooders preposal for zero tolarance for alcohol for motor cycle riders here in Queensland NOT CAR DRIVERS . there still .05

thats is F%$#k buul S**T
think your got worse law makers
shanetbird
Why do you guys bitch about this??? ...A bike takes way more skill to ride than it does to drive a car. You are leaning over going into turns and being buzzed on alchohol the leaning will really make your head wacky. It takes serious clear headedness to brake and concentrate on riding a bike...I don't want some buzzed squid riding a high powered bike around ever. Same goes for cars. But get real why bitch about laws and drinking... I don't give a shit if some dumb ass kills himself riding buzzed but the fact is most these drunk fucks ruin other people lives because they chose to ride or drive buzzed. Just one thought about how devastated I would be losing a family member because of some drunk asswipe chose to ride buzzed make me never question these laws....

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
We always have a couple of beers with lunch when we ride. So what.

AND smoke weed. Not hydro though, just bush weed. It'd be irresponsible to do that.

·
Registered
255 Posts
AND smoke weed. Not hydro though, just bush weed. It'd be irresponsible to do that.
yeah, no hangover that way:rolleyes:

(re the original topic) thats why I traded my GTR1400 on the GS1200, was getting so fast with so many close calls it was a matter of time before I'd get stung...the GS is much nicer around legal speeds and still has some to play...and the HM for me gets too windy up past 140, so it all good for now.... couldn't cope with the walk/time off... glad I had a happy childhood on bikes with little care factor, no laws/cops :D:D

shit happens, the laws will only get sillier as they try to cope with the growing population; but, I'm told most of the speeding laws come about from the city driving riceboys going psycho having street drags, not so much the country cruising biker....but we're affected by them either way...

good luck, happy revving :D:D

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
Why do you guys bitch about this??? ...A bike takes way more skill to ride than it does to drive a car. You are leaning over going into turns and being buzzed on alchohol the leaning will really make your head wacky. It takes serious clear headedness to brake and concentrate on riding a bike...I don't want some buzzed squid riding a high powered bike around ever. Same goes for cars. But get real why bitch about laws and drinking... I don't give a shit if some dumb ass kills himself riding buzzed but the fact is most these drunk fucks ruin other people lives because they chose to ride or drive buzzed. Just one thought about how devastated I would be losing a family member because of some drunk asswipe chose to ride buzzed make me never question these laws....
100% behind you on the drunks ,Absolutely !! it is that they want different laws for a bike....

Do you really think one lite beer consumed makes you a slobbering piss tank ?

A more timely law would be to enforce dangerous driving = yaking on the cell phone while driving (inattentive driving)

Its like calling a Pimple Cancer.

It is what it is ,one beer not a 6pack or a dozen. How much does one have to consume to arrive at .04 ? So you would be safe.I honestly don't know?
It seems that they want to make Criminals out of everyone....

·
Registered
255 Posts
How about instead of letting everyone get drivers licenses then imposing alot of restrictions on all the authorities could actually require people to have skills before getting a license. I know there is alot of anti drinking rhetoric out there but I have seen alot more accidents caused by stupid drivers than by drunk drivers. I am pretty sure if they raised the minimum standards for getting licenses to a reasonable level we would see a marked decline in the alcohol related crashes as well. Most people I know that crashed while drinking were not the most stellar riders / drivers before the booze. Any of these stupid laws that our idiot politicians push for are about the equivalent of putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound. Not that effective.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I completely agree with upping the skill levels to be able to drive a car or a motorcycle. In Japan, they have different taxing structures and driving ability requirements depending on the size of the motorbike engine. A good idea, I think. I live in Bellingham, WA and this is home to the absolute worst drivers I have ever seen, bar none. Even worse than Mexico. In town the speed limit is mostly 25 mph, and routinely you will see people going 15 or 20 mph down the street! Oiy!
As for drinking and driving, I love drinking. I just don't do it when I'm on the bike or in the car. I used to, but it's just not good for me now.

·
Registered
403 Posts

unfortunately, the ramifications of these proposed laws are wider than lots of people see at first glance. aside from the obvious descrimination issues there's a liability issue as well, even if a rider registers .01 with say, cough syrup, which can happen and the cough syrup won't affect judgement or skills it gives any car driver a legal free pass, regardless of the circumstances of an accident. common causes of accidents are lack of skill, lack of attention, mobile phones, stereos, gps, etc and plain old stupidity whether it be speed related or just poor judgement. It's worth mentioning here that we have zero BAC for heavy vehicle drivers, of which i am one. fair enough, there's a lot of weight and momentum with a truck and car drivers feel vulnerable around them, so wouldn't common sense dictate that riders feel vulnerable around bigger heavier cars? i think so, especially when you see 16 year old learners and P platers with their hat on backwards texting and lighting a smoke while sailing through red lights!!! yes, i have seen this. i say a zero limit for all road users all the time, as well as fewer speed cameras and more actual patrols.

paul.
p.s, yes, our legal system is based on the british, so what? it's not perfect, but what is? i think i'd rather be here than have to carry a handgun to feel safe like in south africa or certain parts of the U.S i'm told. (not been there yet!)

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stupid laws

loony888
spot on the money cobber

trouble is some f**ken tools coppers gunner pull me over from work on a friday with just 2 x4xxxx under my belt and nail me.

"just bull shit" my wifes a polly and agrees
I'm gunner torch the state govenment on this one
sorry for the local s**t everyone ,but one day it may effect us all

Shanetbird

·
Registered
862 Posts
Zero tolerance laws are very dangerous to a free society. a few years back my neighbors daughter was suspended from school and her permanent record says she had a drug violation because she took an over the counter PMS pill to school. :mad: Zero tolerance means that no justifiable excuse can be given. Though at .05 BAC it would think that you would be over the legal limit with two barley pops unless you are 250 lbs. I think that is strict enough as many states here have a .1 BAC limit, California is .08. For me I might have one beer with lunch on a group ride, but almost never do, but I like to have the option as a semi-responsible free citizen in a semi-free Republic.

·
7,733 Posts
Zero tolerance laws are very dangerous to a free society. a few years back my neighbors daughter was suspended from school and her permanent record says she had a drug violation because she took an over the counter PMS pill to school. :mad: Zero tolerance means that no justifiable excuse can be given. Though at .05 BAC it would think that you would be over the legal limit with two barley pops unless you are 250 lbs. I think that is strict enough as many states here have a .1 BAC limit, California is .08. For me I might have one beer with lunch on a group ride, but almost never do, but I like to have the option as a semi-responsible free citizen in a semi-free Republic.
Years ago, Finnland had zero tolerance laws re drinking and driving. Quite simply, drinking and driving was illegal in that country unlike most western nations where drinking and driving is legal and has been reduced to a silly cat and mouse game of technology and allowable limits. IIRC, their law was very simple: If found with any alcohol in your system, your license was revoked for 5 years; end of story. I don't know if that law is still in effect.

We already have zero tolerance thinking re beverage alcohol consumption in certain areas of civil life like for examples those who are performing surgery, or preciding over a trial, or piloting large vehicles etc. In my jurisdiction, new drivers have zero alcohol stipulations on their licenses for a number of years after getting them as part of the graduated system. AFAIK, nobody's freedom is being compromised, other than the freedom to endanger others because some people want to have a few wobbly pops and go riding/driving afterwards. Just stay home and drink, or abstain from drinking when out with your vehicle or get get a DD. What's so hard about that?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts