Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In January I bought this bike for practically nothing. Since then I have been collecting OEM fairings, etc. I went with a paint scheme I could only see in my head. After 6 months of preparing, cleaning and fixing; the bike is now together. I am happy with the results.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Nice work!

Reactions: NickDoll

·
grand poobah
693 Posts
Way to go Nick. The colors are excellent. Thanks for bringing one back. The value of doing it yourself if priceless. Now go enjoy the ride. Brad.

·
Matt
668 Posts
Well done! It's typically incredible what a good cleaning alone can do. Love the simplicity of the white.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No. Very different. This is a "more yellow" gold. I wanted it to really pop. It is actually really close to the color of anodized gold bits. It's a 4 stage House of Color, color. May do the frame this winter. We'll see.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CF- I bought this bike from a really great guy here locally. He bought it from a friend to track but had issues getting it to run right and decided he wanted nothing to do with it. $1700 with BOXES full of all kinds of parts including an extra motor and 4 sets of heads. I was in heaven when he showed up to deliver. I bought it sight unseen. Spent 3 months collecting all OEM fairings and getting the wheels along with some other bits. I have a set of decals I bought for it just like what's on it but a gun metal metallic. I preferred the black metallic. I'd like to sell the un used set to someone. Made by Tape Works. Identical to OEM with excellent quality.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Better deal than I got. I got a 98 for $2500 that was running but with 29k. It looked like it'd been tracked a bit (safety wired sprocket bolts) and a receipt for the 25k service. Pulling it apart to see what's right or wrong. Lotta little stuff, but expensive. I think it's gonna need rotors, and a ding out of the f wheel. Got a biposto tail to paint to let the wife ride some so she doesn't throw such a fit. I like that gold. Maybe in it's second reincarnation it'll get that treatment.

·
Registered
865 Posts
very nice! I love white 748's!! should have offered that color back then. I painted my track fairings white and I love the look

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Now that is a great turn out. Those wheels against the white fairings look outstanding together(is it a matt finish or gloss). I am not so sure I could have been that brave but you pulled it off very well.
Congratulations on breaking the mould.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts