Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
i'll be here till my 85!
1,102 Posts
will have to grow on me..

don't see anything that makes me go WAAAAW!

head fairing looks bit akward and too low.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
That takes "testing it under load" to a new level. I shouldn't laugh....thats probably what I look like on a bike.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The engine is not being discussed and that's fine .......

and I was doubtful from the various pictures of the last few months .....

but

[ personal opinion ]

from these photos , I do not like this bike .........

I am not a fan of the 1098 ........... But this, in addition to not reach even the aesthetics of the 1098 ........ Not even reach the Rsv4 designed by Galluzzi [ Rsv, that I do not like the front like this new ducati..]

This 1199 [Borgo] Panigale , only a few interesting ideas but very poor in terms of design ..

aesthetically is a disappointment for me ........

They could do much, much more ...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Single Sided Swingarm = Slow Racebike

They got away with it years ago but today its too competitive, plus the only advantage is tire changes. Downfall is lack of structural ridgitity Vs. weight and more importantly increased drag of trying to clamp the shit out of a bearing.

Ducati is trying to sell bikes, they dont give 2 shits about racing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
"aesthetically is a disappointment for me ........"

Exactly my feelings. I am sure it will be a great performer, but it is an ugly bike, that exhaust is all jammed in there with too many pipes and turns. Thanks for playing, but I'll keep my 1098. Thanks Ducati you just saved me from spending some $$$$$.

Reminds me of what happened when the 999/749 design debacle happen....

·
Registered
1 Posts

They got away with it years ago but today its too competitive, plus the only advantage is tire changes. Downfall is lack of structural ridgitity Vs. weight and more importantly increased drag of trying to clamp the shit out of a bearing.

Slow? You do realise they are leading the WSBK ...with their single sided swingarm...

·
Registered
535 Posts
If (And I say IF) this is the final design, then it seems to be a very strange combination of lines, cuts and components.
Sadly, does not seem to be an Italian masterpiece of design.

And what is this box under the saddle, where the bended exhaust was before?

E.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I hope they aren't using him for the base suspension settings!

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Ifa its dis fast whitha hima riding it, thinka how fasta itsa be with youa riding ita, no?

·
Registered
361 Posts

lmaooo tell that to carlos checa

1 - 20 of 170 Posts