Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't bought a new Duc or used for that matter, since 2011 when I picked up my Multistrada. Had a 2007 749 S and a 2008 848 with track-plastic/stock plastic for track days.
When I saw this new Scrambler being touted by my Ducati dealer, I thought it was so cool. It was a Ride Day, so I jumped on one. 1 mile down the road, I was sold. Got back to the dealer, and he convinced me to demo their newest Icon Electric Bike...I was very impressed in many ways. I told him I'd be a buyer, BUT I had to get the Scrambler first...thus the thread title.
2 of my boys had bought Triumph Scramblers, so I thought old Dad could slip in there with them on open face helmet rides and be old school cool. It's been a joy plus ever since June 2015. I'm stoked !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
I really like it too. I might pickup a low mileage used one when they hit the used market. I've picked up three great Ducati's waiting for the major service to come due.
I like the yellow the best too.
Good luck!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Can't agree more, they are cool. Going to add one to the stable next year as my urban bike. Plus a little more compatible when riding with my wife on her Harley street 500. I just wondering how long it will take her to trade up after she rides the scrambler with a years worth of experience under her belt.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a Diavel and a Multi, but I typically take the Scrambler for my 12 mile back road commute. It's just so much fun to ride a small bike fast.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry, it just makes me cringe at the mention of wearing open face helmets because of fashion. Cool? Smashing your face into the pavement is not gonna be cool.
Good luck
Who's wearing open face with these bikes?
I don't and most of the pictures on the scrambler forum show riders using either enduro full face or street full face with bubble shields.

Here's my scrambler helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
I really like it too. I might pickup a low mileage used one when they hit the used market. I've picked up three great Ducati's waiting for the major service to come due.
I like the yellow the best too.
Good luck!
Tell me more, I'm doing the same thing. I just need a base model semi high milage Scrambler to come up so i can turn it into a daily rider!!!

7/14/21K miles are good times to buy?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't and most of the pictures on the scrambler forum show riders using either enduro full face or street full face with bubble shields.

I have one of those and I'm not so sure it's that much safer in a SERIOUS crash than a 3/4...half my face is damn near sticking out of the massive hole.

·
Bon Vivant
10,409 Posts

I was referring to the OP's statement below:
2 of my boys had bought Triumph Scramblers, so I thought old Dad could slip in there with them on open face helmet rides and be old school cool.

·
Registered
6,006 Posts
Most people in Florida don’t even wear long pants or any helmet when they ride. I wear a porridge bowl and Kevlar jeans and gloves and I’m roasting. The number one cause of motorcycle accidents in Florida for those who wear atgatt is passing out from heat prostration . I am virtually the only person in Florida wearing a helmet. Doesn’t make it right, doesn’t make it smart, but it is how it is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts