Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

That time of year again, but questions......

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Sick 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, getting the itch again. I'm tired of waiting, might just take out a loan and say screw it. Been wanting a Ducati for far too long.

Anyway, trying to make up my mind: 1098, 1098S, 1198, 1198S, 1198SP....?

Leaning more towards the 1198's. Looks like the 2011 1198's are a better deal, since they come with DTC, DQS, DDA.

My question is, did the 2009 and 2010 1198S come with DTC, DQS, and DDA? Or basically just the Ohlins suspension and light wheels?

Thanks for any input

Also, I'm looking to get the Black/Red color combo. Did this paint scheme only come on the S/SP models?

#4 ·
+ 1 Or a new 899 or 959. Even a 749 or 999.

The 1198 have more torque and power than anyone can use, and the various electronic elements are still in their infancy. The consistent refrain that they have been tested in cars doesn't actually hold that much water, since the environmental exposure of the two platforms is so different. If you've been waiting this long, just bite the bullet and get some kind of Ducati superbike. I was vacillating between the 999s or the 1098s when I decided on the 999s four years ago.

But, really, any one is good. Bikes are really, really good nowadays and far exceed the ability of but a small fraction of us to use competently.

Me? I just ride a fast bike kinda slow and enjoy the hell out of the ride.

Ron

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Haha, couldn't agree more man. I've been wanting a Ducati since before I even started posting on this forum! I had the chance to buy one a couple years ago, but decided to but a Harley instead, for long trips. Don't regret buying it at all, just still miss not having a Duke!

@C-Simian Yea man, I actually LOVE the 999. Imo, honestly one of the coolest looking bikes ever. Still leaning towards a 1198 style bike for now, but want to add a 999S to my arsenal one day, eventually.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
@Leon ic Well, that is just sexy, pure sex. Wow. Definitely one of the nicest 1198's I've seen. A but outta my price range though. If that's how much the SP's are going for, then I'll definitely have to settle for a base model. Haha, 'settle'.

So anyhoo, can anyone answer my original questions? It'll help me on my decision and to know exactly what to look for. Thanks everyone.

This post has been deleted
#12 ·
Thanks Chuckracer. Haven't heard of Tempest before now, but seems legit and much easier to use than looking through all the different webpages.

Started looking through a bunch of those ads. It'd definitely helping me see that the 1098 I came across recently is a good deal. 2008 1098S w/ 7k miles, red frame - black bodywork for $7,500. Called the guy today, no answer. Gonna try again tomorrow and will keep looking in the meantime....

#18 ·
Clear title. Bought it from a Chevy dealership that someone traded it in. Full termi exhaust, race ecu, slipper clutch, Carbon bodywork. 7,500 miles for $7,500. Couldn't beat it. And the 7,500 mile service was already done. I took the bike out for a road test, felt frigging AMAZING. Couldn't find anything wrong with it during road test or personal inspection (I am a mechanic). Bodywork has a few blemishes in it, but I'm not overly concerned with that. Just wanted it to be mechanically sound. Can't wait to really start riding the thing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.