Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
does it improve the foot position enough to warrant removing it? .. if so I say try wrapping it

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it improve the foot position enough to warrant removing it? .. if so I say try wrapping it
In one of the pics you can see i have already fitted 10mm spacers behind the foot peg hanger which has improved the riding position.The heatshield just looks so big and chunky.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
In one of the pics you can see i have already fitted 10mm spacers behind the foot peg hanger which has improved the riding position.The heatshield just looks so big and chunky.
It does look clunky,, I like the wrapping idea, but I would say it seems like it may be a one way street to cut the mounts off.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does look clunky,, I like the wrapping idea, but I would say it seems like it may be a one way street to cut the mounts off.
Thats the problem!!! Once i cut the mounts off its all a bit permanent! Need to be absolutely sure before i do it.

·
Bon Vivant
11,000 Posts
I would probably make a small oval guard that could be bolted over the original bracket.
maybe it could be cut from the original guard?
Much less chunky and may allow some space for your heel.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would probably make a small oval guard that could be bolted over the original bracket.
maybe it could be cut from the original guard?
Much less chunky and may allow some space for your heel.
I made a cardboard template earlier today,will drop it off tomorrow to get a stainless steel one made and see if that suits any better.I don't think you will gain any more heel room without removing the heatshield ANDthe mounting brackets.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
That's one of these things, if you make it nice and small buyers will complain it's not big enough, if you make it big then some want it smaller.

Let's say we will do our best to come up with a solution that will please most buyers, we try hard to get things done right at the first time.

I will need one for my bike also so it will be as good as it gets.:D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I test rode an S model today that had the Termi exhaust on it. I couldn't believe how little room there was for my size 12 foot with that giant heat shield there. They should have stuck to underseat exhaust, they obviously can't design a side exhaust that fits.

Other than that the Streetfighter was awesome! Remarkable handling, sound and looks. Maybe if I amputate my toes I could get a boot that fits the bike. Hmmm...

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I test rode an S model today that had the Termi exhaust on it. I couldn't believe how little room there was for my size 12 foot with that giant heat shield there. They should have stuck to underseat exhaust, they obviously can't design a side exhaust that fits.

Other than that the Streetfighter was awesome! Remarkable handling, sound and looks. Maybe if I amputate my toes I could get a boot that fits the bike. Hmmm...

I was a bit concerned about the heat shield initially because I've experienced this on my brutale, but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't nearly as intrusive as the brutale exhaust. The foot pegs on the SF are slick as snot when wet, I did notice. Quite a bit of space between the exhaust and heat shield perhaps it could be moved in a bit. The heat shield does have heat reflective foil on the side facing the pipe

Chris

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I was a bit concerned about the heat shield initially because I've experienced this on my brutale, but was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't nearly as intrusive as the brutale exhaust. The foot pegs on the SF are slick as snot when wet, I did notice. Quite a bit of space between the exhaust and heat shield perhaps it could be moved in a bit. The heat shield does have heat reflective foil on the side facing the pipe

Chris
Hopefully someone will come up with something to fix the problem. In the meantime, I'll stick with my Hyperslowtard... and maybe Demo the SF a couple more times.

·
Registered
107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
That's a good question, I wish I could say it's ready next week but that's would be just dreaming. I really don't know yet when, I want one also so I do my best.

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
I know but it's been in Germany on the workbench now since over 3 weeks already but somebody has to keep on filling current orders, we can't just stop everything else.:) We are just little fish's in a big ocean.

Like with the 1098 and Hyper when they were release- good things take time, don't rush into something:)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I know but it's been in Germany on the workbench now since over 3 weeks already but somebody has to keep on filling current orders, we can't just stop everything else.:) We are just little fish's in a big ocean.

Like with the 1098 and Hyper when they were release- good things take time, don't rush into something:)
I'll wait too, especially since I just ordered an "EVR" clutch slave from you. And I must say, great service! Looking forward to all those "Coming Soon" products listed on your site.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts