Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought parts from them before,some took forever...sometimes sent wrong parts,sent defective parts, sometimes the parts arrived the next day!???
Bit of a lottery so i don't deal with them anymore.:sleep:
oh damn hey, thanks for the heads up, where does everyone take there bikes to then? im not blessed with the gift of mechanical knowledge and as such, i refuse to do more then check fluids

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was chatting to a friend who spends time on the monster forum about who to see re suspension setup. He recommended the guys at D-Moto, it seems they are highly regrded with the lads on that forum.

Personally I can absoultely recommend Gowanlochs, always friendly and helpful. It's not a big setup but they are exclusively (well mostly, I may have, years ago seen the occassional Moto Guzzi in there) a Duc workshop and they know their stuff.

For bevels you can't go wrong, but I imagine most everyone with one of these old beauties already knows of them, Mike is the master in Sydney.

Don't know what happened to Marty once Forcycle shut up shop and Roger, well he's dissappeared off the radar. (Roger, if you are out there drop me a line - Jo). I've been happy with the work they have done on my 748 to date and I imagine they can do general repairs and servicing of current bikes, if not they'll tell you up front.

The only reason I'm considering D-Moto for the suspension is the recommendation from my monster mate and that Mike said he didn't have much experience with the particular shock set I was enquiring after.

So if you're in Sydney and after a workshop give them a try.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
So where do the disgruntled Aussies get their Ducati parts from?

Can anyone recommend a place online either here or the States for stock bits and pieces?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Yeah Pro Italia seem ok and much cheaper than the local guys. The axle (WHEEL PIN) on this list was 125.00AU in OZ plus delivery. Below prices are US

1 x K & N Ducati Oil Filter = $13.95
6 x Ducati OEM SILENT-BLOCK = $41.04
1 x Ducati OEM WASHER 32X38X1.5 748-900 M/01 = $1.49
1 x Ducati OEM BACKET = $12.65
1 x Ducati OEM FRONT R.H. BLINKER = $32.98
1 x Ducati OEM FRONT WHEEL PIN = $87.44
1 x MV Agusta OEM GASKET = $1.58
1 x Ducati OEM PINION FIXING PLATE = $7.49
2 x MV Agusta OEM PLATE FIXING SCREW = $3.56
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $202.18
Shipping USPS Priority: $43.23
Total: $245.41

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Before you give up on Frasers try here...

New poster so bear with me...

Try Frasers at Fairy Meadow at Wollongong before anywhere else! Simply awesome sales & service. They have looked after me like I was part of their family since buying my 999 there in '06.

Outstanding response to any query, "can-do" attitude to any request no matter how weird. A small dedicated team who really care.

Sales, service & parts-I can't speak highly enough of them all; I won't use names..rock on down and introduce yourself. Ive been riding since 1977 & had too many bikes to mention plus dealing with idiots & cowboys for many years-but this team/dealership is just the best. Bar none. Period.

They are all brilliant but special mention to the Wizard-in-the-Workshop. Duc engineer of exceptional talent. Scary-brilliant in fact.

Give 'em a go.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
I'm with MJW61 on Fraser's at Wollongong.

Never had a problem, the servicing and maintenance work is always first class, and you can talk to the mechanic face to face. Not the cheapest hourly rate though.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
114 Posts
check out ducati omaha's set up for identifying and ordering parts. Postage costs means that if you are looking for bits and pieces it works out better to get them all at once ( i think min postage is $52 regardless of what you grab) Brad Back (bikeboy) in melbourne seems to be able to lay his hands on stuff as well

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
check out ducati omaha's set up for identifying and ordering parts. Postage costs means that if you are looking for bits and pieces it works out better to get them all at once ( i think min postage is $52 regardless of what you grab) Brad Back (bikeboy) in melbourne seems to be able to lay his hands on stuff as well
Yes Brad is a great guy, got belts from him. Friendly, good price and real advise.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yeah-I met him when I went to Melbourne for a Italian bike festival-got belts for 900ie and 1000ds motors for the price of one set from Frasers and some good info as well-definately worth a chat to

·
Registered
236 Posts
I waited two months to get a head gasket before I cancelled my order.

I think parts ordered in NZ has to go through Fraser, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm import myself now these days. Usually 5 working days, half price...

·
Registered
361 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, Frasers in Perth are shithouse too. I went there once for belts and oil filter, the guy could hardly be bothered to serve me and took his sweet time, started talking to other blokes who walked in after etc. Anyone can have a bad day so I went back there some months later for something else, and got the same shit, so I waited until he had looked up the bits and gone out the back and got them, then told him his service is shit, you can keep your overpriced parts I'll get them myself from overseas, and walked out. Will never ever go back to Frasers.

By contrast, there is a KTM and Ducati dealer in Perth too. THey are good to deal with, nothing is too much trouble for them, and Brock is the man at the parts counter. I buy my parts from them now. Frasers can go and get f#*ked.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Only parts i get are belts.....

Think Ducati are reluctant to allocate any new parts importers/distributors in Australia.
Thoroughbred (Perth) tried to get direct parts ordering when they were still in business but of course didnt get it.

Really strange as it would only be in Ducati's best interest to increase market share.

Im still not really understanding how they price new bikes (along with parts)??
That is in comparison to the US market.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I walked in there, gee 15 years ago, when they were further down the road, had cash on me to buy a Monster (compo payout), you think I could actually get anyone to even say hi ?
Maybe it was the tatty old courier bike or worn leathers I dunno. Have never been back since and fucked if I ever would.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Seems it's not just me.
Copied from another forum.
A word of advice.
If you MUST go to their shop PUT YOUR STEERING LOCK ON OR THEY WILL MOVE YOUR BIKE IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT.

I am in two minds over whether to post this up.

I occansionally have contact with these clowns in on a commercial basis. It is possible this thread may affect the business relationship I have with Frasers. My boss does not know about me posting this. I am posting this as a private individual.

I went to the shrine of the spastics to pick up a part for a Ducati I had in the shop. I arrived a bit after 8.00am, and found the shop not open. I parked my Triumph next to the one of the front doors of the showroom. I went to the service department and asked about the parts desk. They said the parts department don't open up till 9.00am. (WTF??? 9.00am??? FFS)

After a while, I finally got served, and the service receptionist said he would see what he could do. To his credit, he got the part I had pre-ordered, and I was on my way.

All well and good.

Yeah well.....

As I was walking back to my bike, some bloke in a marked Frasers ute was driving out and said to me that they had moved my bike.

YOU FUCKIN WHAT????

I went off. I said firmly, loudly, but not yelling or aggressive, that you DO NOT touch my bike, that I don't touch the showroom bikes, and I expect the same courtesy back. Its not your property, and DON'T do it again.

This cocksucker was so lazy, he didn't even bother to stop the ute and talk to me like a man, he tracked me in the ute as I walked back to the bike in the car park.

After a few minutes, this gutless wonder mumbled a half hearted "apology". I just said firmly " Please don't touch my bike again"

I was incandescent with anger.

The only reason I deal with these fucksticks is they are handy to pick up parts on the way to work, (well they were), and one of the office staff goes past on her way into work. (so she can pick up parts on her way in if I am not able to.)

After this, in conjunction with all the other screw ups, I really don't know why I bother.

Less than 2 years ago, my work bought 3 new HDs.
A Street Glide, a standard Ultra Classic, and a Road King.
Around $90,000.

In one sale.

We had 2 other HDs in the fleet, (the oldest, an '05 Softail, has since been sold) and we still have an '07 Road King. This is currently for sale, and this will be replaced, and I suspect another HD may be added as well.

There's another $60,000. (thereabouts)

We have 19 BMWs on fleet as well. All HD and BMW parts were bought through Frasers. Not a small account. Not huge, but significant.

Not any more.

My point is even after the last purchase, and all the parts and accessories bought for these bikes, you would think the business would realise the value of the customers in the shop. Me or anyone else.

On at least 2 occasions, we have been rung by Frasers to pick up a bike in for warranty work, and when we arrived we have discovered that the bike was not ready, and in one instance, the bike had not been even worked on!!

The Street Glide had a noisy gearbox. 5th gear was so noisy it was the dominant noise when riding. Heard above tyre, road, exhaust,and ambient noise. It fucking howled . 1st,2nd,3rd,4th, and 6th were all quiet.

Frasers?
no noise apparent. All normal.

FFS.

Air filters, AIR FILTERS ffs, are nil stock. Basic service items, (forget about special orders are rarely used parts) have to ordered in.

When I ring, the receptionist, The Receptionist, the one person who is supposed to answer calls, the calls go to a voice mail, FFS.

Mostly the calls ring out.

In the 1 in 5 times when the calls are answered, (true, no exagguration) I ask for HD or Ducati or BMW parts, and the calls go to another voice mail!!! Maybe 1 in 3 is returned.

I go to Trivetts now.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Ducati City, I think are Frazers in Melbourne?
Well anyway I rang them about a 749 dark they had (and still have). Spoke to a chap who told me everyone was busy at the moment and that they would return my call as soon as they could. No problem I said and gave them my 2 numbers and what I was interested in.

A week later I flew down to Melbourne and purchased a 749 from a private chap, who indeed returned my call as promised. I just thought the Ducati City bike had been sold or they didn't want to sell it or whatever.

I'm at home 3 days after getting home from picking up the bike and I get a missed call, guess who from? The message went - sorry about delay getting back to you give me a ring if you are still interested!!! As you can imagine I didn't bother responding.

41 - 60 of 106 Posts