Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wobbled out to Frasers to pick up a tiny part for the Multi this morning.
I pulled up on the Streetfighter and parked in the car park next to some Harleys.
As soon as I walked in some foreshortened bald knobend with an American accent came up asking me to move my bike because that was where Harleys parked, or something. I said no, I'm just going to the spares counter and will move it shortly.
He persisted saying they are used bikes there so people might sit on it. I said well my helmet is on the tank so I doubt that will happen.
He then asked if he should move it for me. I replied no I will move it in a minute.
So I went to deal with the pleasant fellow at the spares counter, walking out only to find my bike moved and the helmet on the ground.

My blood was now starting to boil. I went up to the piece of sales shit and asked him if he moved my bike.
He replied "I asked you three times to move it". I said "you fucking prick, where is your boss?"
"out the back".
So I collared one of the lackeys who got one of the managers from upstairs.
I explained I don't come to their establishment to be treated like that and if anyone did that on the street I would flatten them.
I did actually contemplate pushing the cunt over the bike he was standing next to but restrained myself.
I also explained I know a lot of motorcyclists who would love to hear this kind of story about Frasers.
The manager told me he would deal with it directly and speak to the tool involved.
Dunno what happened though.
Nothing probably if he's meeting his sales targets.

Next time I'll make sure I lock the steering and I suggest you all do too next time you're there.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts
because that was where Harleys parked, or something.
so, you really are not sure what he said. Maybe what he did say was legit and perhaps it would have been better if you just moved the bike. Just sayin situations like these generally have two sides and maybe he was not that off base, Then again, he may have been a rude a-hole who needed his knickers twisted a bit tighter.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
So they've succeded again in loosing a customer because of their fucking useless antics.

Don't go back there Bly, you can buy OEM parts o/s at same or cheaper prices and I'm sure you can manage the servicings yourself. My bikes have never been back to the dealership since buying them. I spent about $1500 on tools years ago and have done all my own work since.

Will they ever learn that they rely on repeat customers for business? Fuc%^ng Harley parking, they're joking right!

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
For the uninitiated Frasers are Ducati Australia. The importer is NFI, stands for Norm Fraser Imports, from what I've been told Norm was a stand-up guy, I don't know as never met him who has now passed away & the son has 'a go'! I have had dealings with frasers in Sydney & in Newcastle, they want your money & then once they think they have you on file for the next ten service schedules they treat you like a simpleton & complete fucktard. I'm the same jwsparkes & the last Duc that I bought left frasers & wont be going back. There are other mechanics around that can work on our bikes without voiding the warranty.

·
Registered
356 Posts
How pedantic are they though!!?. Really, how rediculous, surely leaving the bike there for a short while is not going to make one iota of difference to anything except for that staff member's OCD register.

Customer service or respect is not in their vocab. Nothing could be said about their poor form that would surprise me.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I knew Norm-bought my first bike off him when I was 12yrs old-know the son too-Warren is his name-and I have heard alot of the bad shit about the organisation over the years too-but this one comes so close to icing the cake-I have not been into a Frasers shop for about6 years-and if that was my bike that sales poof would be sporting a large black eye-find another shop where they care about ya

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
I wish we could email this to Warren. His staff need a good smack in the chops! Or if they prefer to serve Harley riders perhaps I should say chaps...

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you came out to find your bike moved, was there other bikes parked where yours was?
No the space was empty.

I don't go looking for trouble.
The HD sales guy was being an A class dick pure and simple.
First he said he needed the space for returning test ride bikes. Then it was customers might sit on mine cos there were used bikes nearby.
I simply said to him I'll be at the spares counter and will move it in a minute.
He then asked if he could move my bike to which I replied no.
The Ducati spares bloke was a pleasure to deal with by the way.

I bought a new Ducati 750 in 1976 from Norm Fraser.
He had a reputation even then of being hard to love.
The only reason you'd ever deal with them is because they are the sole importer of Ducati and Ducati parts. So I guess it follows they can treat their customers however they like.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's interesting that the dealers service reputation is questioned when it seems that there was a fair bit of arrogance involved.

The moment you get off Concord/Parramatta Road you are on private property and your rights diminish somewhat. A representative of the owner asked several times to move your bike and yet you chose to ignore the requests and got stroppy when they moved it. I'm surprised that you didn't park it in the showroom because clearly that is a general parking space as well.

What would happen if someone entered your property and sat down and refused to move? What would you do? You would probably pick em up and throw them out - justifiably (with a quick slapping on the way).

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's interesting that the dealers service reputation is questioned when it seems that there was a fair bit of arrogance involved.

The moment you get off Concord/Parramatta Road you are on private property and your rights diminish somewhat. A representative of the owner asked several times to move your bike and yet you chose to ignore the requests and got stroppy when they moved it. I'm surprised that you didn't park it in the showroom because clearly that is a general parking space as well.

What would happen if someone entered your property and sat down and refused to move? What would you do? You would probably pick em up and throw them out - justifiably (with a quick slapping on the way).
That's another way of looking at it I suppose.

The way I look at it is -
They are a huge dealership.
Their large car park was half empty.
There was no signage to say do not park here.
The staff member had an attitude from the word go.
Being rude to customers is bad business practice.

I run a small business and would NEVER talk to somebody like that who entered my premises to do business with me.

Maybe it's nothing. I thought people would be interested in my experience dealing with the only Ducati importer in the country.
Not only do we get robbed on price compared to the rest of the world but it seems we have to enjoy getting bullied when we go there to buy parts.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wasnt his property-he was only an employee on said property-and being a complete dickwad on that property
Its about how you treat people that are customers-sales people are supposed to be the best at understanding that
Maybe he just found out he didnt make budget for the previous month
Either way sounds like a real cock head

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Nice story Bly, Loved the first post.

It was written like Oz poetry of the working man. Really had a good laugh at your description.

You were right, most of us are interested in your experience dealing with the only Ducati importer in the country.

·
Premium Member
2,379 Posts
Nice story Bly, Loved the first post.

It was written like Oz poetry of the working man. Really had a good laugh at your description.

You were right, most of us are interested in your experience dealing with the only Ducati importer in the country.
+1 Because it nearly equates to the only time I ever darkened their doorstep in Sydney to get my bike serviced in the middle of a rather long ride I went on.

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts

Bloody hell mate, do you work for frasers?
I could relate to a half dozen times that I was treated poorly in Newy, instead I just don't go there!

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So... where do people get their Streeetfighters serviced in Sydney? :eek:

I do my own work on the aircooled Multi, not sure about the new four-valver though.

I was gunna use Frasers but would prefer some place they don't pick a fight with you just for going there to give them money.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Bly if you wanna learn the ropes on the 996 (assuming that's what you have), and care to visit Newcastle I'm happy to help you. Have been working on the 996 myself since new. Have workshop manual, illustrated parts catalogue and Haynes manual. It's no harder than the 2 valver really (which I am also familiar with).

Only thing I've nto done is overhaul the forks, when the time came for the showa's I simply brought a pair of 996S Ohlins :)

If you have the tools for your multi, there's not much else you'd need Perhaps those particular socket sizes for 996?

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bly if you wanna learn the ropes on the 996 (assuming that's what you have), and care to visit Newcastle I'm happy to help you. Have been working on the 996 myself since new. Have workshop manual, illustrated parts catalogue and Haynes manual. It's no harder than the 2 valver really (which I am also familiar with).

Only thing I've nto done is overhaul the forks, when the time came for the showa's I simply brought a pair of 996S Ohlins :)

If you have the tools for your multi, there's not much else you'd need Perhaps those particular socket sizes for 996?

Cheers.
Thanks mate it's a Streetfighter.
Yeah doing the work myself is really the best way to go I think.
I have the shop manual so will do a little research and see what else I need.

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is always Northside but they are about the same as Frasers in the attitude dept. Sometimes they are great, sometimes they are really bad.

Gowenloch's have a good reputation for older models so I am not sure how that translates to new models.

I am interested on other's views too as my SF is up for a service too and still in warranty.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Motorcycle App

1 - 20 of 106 Posts