Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one negative with doing my own servicing is the nagging SERV reminder that keeps popping up when I turn on the ignition of my '08 1098S. Can anyone tell me (or point me in the right direction) the proper sequence to turn the light off. It goes without saying, the dealership isn't an option since I haven't taken advantage of their services.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The one negative with doing my own servicing is the nagging SERV reminder that keeps popping up when I turn on the ignition of my '08 1098S. Can anyone tell me (or point me in the right direction) the proper sequence to turn the light off. It goes without saying, the dealership isn't an option since I haven't taken advantage of their services.
I think dealer could be an option since they can charge you like 25 bucks for it.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know there is certain sequences to reset the ECU. When Houston Ducati sent my ECU back after re-flashing it the read outs, including speed, mileage and engine temperature were metric. A quick phone call and following their instructions, (turn ignition on, press mode switch, turn off, etc.) which I can't remember, (even though those steps wouldn't correct the current situation) and voila, back to SAE read outs. Something tells me the warning light reset is similar to do.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I know there is certain sequences to reset the ECU. When Houston Ducati sent my ECU back after re-flashing it the read outs, including speed, mileage and engine temperature were metric. A quick phone call and following their instructions, (turn ignition on, press mode switch, turn off, etc.) which I can't remember, (even though those steps wouldn't correct the current situation) and voila, back to SAE read outs. Something tells me the warning light reset is similar to do.
Nope, you need the diagnosis tool and then connect it to the program and reset it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have a VDST and cable, as far as i know, thats the only way other than the Ducatidiag listed above.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys sold me, not going to keep beating the dead horse. Next question, best source for the VDST cable?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts