Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my 2012 bird last night and wanted to thank everyone involved with this forum for making it a great resource for Multistrada owners. Even though I had my bike a short time, I gained a lot of knowledge and met a few great guys. So, although I don't see Ducati coming out with a proper touring bike any time soon, maybe the redesign in 2014 may bring me back to a Multistrada....until them I'll still be checking on the forums now and again to stay in touch. So, thanks again gang.

BTW, I have a stock seat, an SW-MOTECH Top plate and a Ducati Flow jacket listed in the classified section. Peace!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
thank you for your contributions.....until next time,

:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
sorry the MTS wasn't was what you expected from it.

What will be your new ride ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, Intermot is happening right now and then there is EICMA in November. let's see what what pops up. I may just go get a K1600GT and then look for a fun street bike.

sorry the MTS wasn't was what you expected from it.

What will be your new ride ?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'd be interested to know just how far away from you the buyer for your Multi lives.

I'm guessing within the same state....or a bordering state?

It'd be real cool if you told me someone from Idaho or Utah bought it.

Dan

·
Registered
45 Posts
So long King

Sorry that the Multi didn't work out for you, but I;m glad you got it moved easily. Ride safe, John.

PS: As for a "proper tourer"… that grandtourismosopoptart looks pretty good...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The buyer is from NYC. The other bids, within a few hundred of the selling price were from Canada, Los Angles and Michigan.

I'd be interested to know just how far away from you the buyer for your Multi lives.

I'm guessing within the same state....or a bordering state?

It'd be real cool if you told me someone from Idaho or Utah bought it.

Dan

·
Registered
496 Posts
how about the new Triumph Trophy..?

Well, Intermot is happening right now and then there is EICMA in November. let's see what what pops up. I may just go get a K1600GT and then look for a fun street bike.
Is that on your list for a "proper touring bike". Get that and give us a full review. That may be on my short list when I make decide to make a change. For now... loving my black Multi !!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will check out the Trophy but if it has the same engine as the Explorer, it is underpowered for the weight. Triumph makes a nice bike, but they are heavy.

Is that on your list for a "proper touring bike". Get that and give us a full review. That may be on my short list when I make decide to make a change. For now... loving my black Multi !!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I get a KTM, I would still have to get a proper touring bike. I test rode the K1600GT and thought it had enough balls to keep me happy...however the thought of moving the bike in and out of the garage makes me think I should have garage doors on on the rear of the garage too. I don't consider the K1600GT an everyday bike and since I sold my Cannondale S440 all I have left is a 1996 Aprilia RS250 for the road...which is not an every day bike. Hence the reason I bought the Multi...thinking it could be my "only" bike.

Best of luck - revisit the KTM ?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
If I get a KTM, I would still have to get a proper touring bike. I test rode the K1600GT and thought it had enough balls to keep me happy...however the thought of moving the bike in and out of the garage makes me think I should have garage doors on on the rear of the garage too. I don't consider the K1600GT an everyday bike and since I sold my Cannondale S440 all I have left is a 1996 Aprilia RS250 for the road...which is not an every day bike. Hence the reason I bought the Multi...thinking it could be my "only" bike.
I love the RS250, but it a bike that begs to have the shit ridden out of it and I always tend to ride on the edge when doing so. It helps with the riding, but things can complicated when things go wrong. Awesome bike. I'd never sell mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts