Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original owner of my bike had replaced the front springs with Racetech springs, but being old and bloated, the rear end always kind of wallowed around, and increasing preload just made it feel like a pogo stick. So anyway, I made an appointment and yesterday morning took the tard to Traxxion Dynamics for a rear shock re-spring and re-valve.

Wow, what a difference. I always thought the Hyper handled well but I never realized how much I had to think about what I was doing riding the bike. Now corners are effortless and easy, at the same speed that was work before. I highly recommend their work.

Btw, the rear shock was $436 out the door, including a new spring, re-valving the shock, installing a new pre-load adjuster, the labor to remove and replace the rear shock, and post install adjustments.

·
Registered
470 Posts
How much do u weigh? Id like send mine in, my bike doesnt handle as id like it too. The rear end feels like u describe at times. It only does this when cornered hard and agressive(too fast for street but fine at a track). I dont have the S model...

Any idea what the labor to remove and refit was? Id have todo that myself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R&R on the rear shock was $85. I weigh 285 (old fat & ugly), and they used a 350 pound spring.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The guyz at Traxxion have always rocked! I've gotten a few things from them over the years and it's always been a good experience. They helped me with re-spring/re-valve on the R-1 front end I have on my old FJ and also with the rear Penske. THEY KNOW THEIR STUFF!

·
Registered
327 Posts
anyone do the full ohlins set up in the front? this has been on my mind since i bought my first hyper but i remember reading somewhere that ohlins doesn't make a fork as long as the EVO SP has (requires).

i don't want to change the geometry of the bike, just upgrade the forks...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Will the Sachs shock from an 1100 model fit a 796?
No. There's a clearance issue between the piggyback reservoir and the o2 sensor.
This modification is doable with the Arrow headers kit, as the o2 sensor seems to be positionned defferently.

To stick on the Traxxion subject, instead of buying a Sachs shock, Traxxion can custom build a Penske for you that use a remote reservoir, so you wont have any clearance issue with your stock headers.

Here is a pic of a 796 with Arrow headers and Ohlins shock.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
anyone do the full ohlins set up in the front? this has been on my mind since i bought my first hyper but i remember reading somewhere that ohlins doesn't make a fork as long as the EVO SP has (requires).

i don't want to change the geometry of the bike, just upgrade the forks...
Ohlins solutions for the front are limited to
*/ 25mm cartridges
*/ Full 46mm fork with forged trees by Andreani Group.

The cartridge solution wont work on the EVO SP.
The full fork will, but you will loose the extra 30mm.

That's what you get when you put a non conventionnal fork on a bike for the only sake of "looking a little bit more like a SM"
All the solutions that have been developped for the last 5 years are just not applicable.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ohlins solutions for the front are limited to
*/ 25mm cartridges
*/ Full 46mm fork with forged trees by Andreani Group.

The cartridge solution wont work on the EVO SP.
The full fork will, but you will loose the extra 30mm.

That's what you get when you put a non conventionnal fork on a bike for the only sake of "looking a little bit more like a SM"
All the solutions that have been developped for the last 5 years are just not applicable.
30mm (1 inch) for a look? I didn't realize it was so nominal.. i might go ahead and do the full forks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hazzy:

Checked into the Ducati forum for the first time in months and you're at the top of the forum. Good job on the springs, now let's ride.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Traxxion did my rear sachs shock too. They also redid the ohlins on my track R6 twice and the ohlins on my former TLR. They do great work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts