Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share.......My buddy with an RC51 and I went for a ride today down a SAWEEEET :yeah: road called Park Road 4 in the hill country just outside Austin. I gotta tell you it was an almost religious experience! 80 degree weather, perfect roads, beautiful bikes, great bar b que(Coopers- Llano), and good friends........life is good!! My friend had never ridden a Ducati before so I INSISTED he give my 996 a try.........I almost didn't get it back! Dude was stoked by the size and handling of the thing. It's always fun seeing someone else ride your bike because you can forget how sweet your bike is until it goes flying by a foot away from you at 120 mph........er......I mean 55 mph! :D The bikes seemed pretty close performance wise........ the RC is a great bike but I love the way the Duc feels on the road. My bud commented over lunch how he couldn't keep up on the twistys and he was surprised when I told him that I wasn't even close to pushing...I LOVE the feeling when I have that connection with my bike and speed is soooooooo effortless! The bike seems so calm and relaxed while my buddy is workin his RC to keep up. Anyway we put about 300 miles on the bikes and saw some fantastic scenery. We're all lucky to be able to experience these beautifull bikes! All I'm tryin to say is LOVE your bikes people!! ;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The Hill country is GREAT!!! you should hook up with the HSTA (honda sport touring Ass.) Name says honda but all bike are welcome and they do alot of really good rides in TX. I would also recommend putting together a trip to the Big Bend area. We have some of the best riding in the world.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
i'm glad you had such a good time, i was wondering about the rc51 earlier today and how it felt compared to the ducati. nice to read what you wrote.
i've spent loads of time in that area (austin/cental texas), if you want some good roads metion it and i'll map some places out. highway (36?) out of kerville through hunt to junction is epic. go ride everything southwest of san antonio south of I-10 and you'll die of goodness.

·
Administrator
7,134 Posts
I am coming down that way next weekend.
Since worked fucked up this weekend.
Amullo will get the grand tour, San Antone to Gruene, to Fredericksburg, to Kerrville and back.

I expect our grins should be as big!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.