Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a problem with my Speedometer reading 0 at all times. ABS light on and therefore disabled. Visually inspected the wheels and phonic rings all looked okay. Thought I would test the Rear wheel speed sensor resistance. Got the result OL. Ordered a replacement sensor on eBay. When it came it I tested it, again reads OL. Replaced battery in my DMM and verified it was working correctly. Pulled the front beak and tested the front sensor under lower triple tree. Again, OL.
Now I'm really wondering what I'm doing wrong or could I actually have three bad sensors (seems unlikely). I'm pulling the connector apart and touching the probes to the pins attached to the sensor harness. I'm sure the DMM works and probes in usual places. Any thoughts? Shouldn't I be getting a resistance reading?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Another shot... Do you have a auto ranging meter? If not, be sure the ohm range is set at it's highest setting. Swap the leads around during your testing. The ohm reading will be in the K range. Just a thought. IMHO you should get a reading on a good sensor.
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts