Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I use my translation program on testastretta, I get "squeezes one's will!" I know these bikes can make you squeeze something else, but can someone give me a better translation? Squeezing the valve angle makes some sense I suppose.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Yeap!! vtwin is right.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Seeing the tittle made me think about the following...and i know its pobably impossible or nicely expensive. but given a larger air box, how would a pair of testastretta heads fit on the old 916 series crank case, or if at all possible on one of the various cyclinders, then the non-shower intake system.

i don't the the cylinder sizes or stroke on any of the newer model 03 and up, if i did and knew stud spacing, its likely i wouldn't have posted.

anyone?

·
Registered
141 Posts
It might depend on which region in Italy you are from, many dialects.

For instance, i had always assumed it might "tight head", however a good buddy of mine confirms the "narrow"

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
stucatz said:
It might depend on which region in Italy you are from, many dialects.

For instance, i had always assumed it might "tight head", however a good buddy of mine confirms the "narrow"
As an Italian speaker I can confirm;

Testa = Head

Stretta = Narrow (or tight)

Stretta is actually the past tense of the verb Stringere = To tighten.

But TestaStretta translates better as 'Narrow head', relating to the valve angle which is narrower than the old head which I suppose could be 'TestaLarga' (Wide Head) and much more polite than Testa di Cazzo (D**k Head) :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts