Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test rode a Monster 1100 for a couple hours today. I'm on the fence as to whether or not to trade in my Hyper S for an M1100S. Overall, I was very impressed with the bike.

The motor felt revvier and stronger than my bike. I'd imagine this is due to the airbox and fueling. The seating position was great; I found it very comfortable. It's a nice mix between sporty and upright.

I came away from the test ride with a few questions. First, does anyone else find the steering to be a bit slow? Maybe I'm just used to the Hyper but the steering felt quite a bit slower. Is there anyway to speed this up?

The bike handled very well; it just seemed to require a fair amount of handle bar effort to make it do what I wanted. I might just be spoiled by the Hyper because it's a very nimble bike.

Another concern I had was the brakes. They didn't seem very strong in initial bite compared to my bike. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Finally, what luggage options are available for the bike? It was comfortable enough that I could be convinced to do some weekend trips on the bike if I were able to pack some gear.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I guess the steering feel is a subjective thing as my 1100s is alot quicker steering than my VFR.I'm not sure how many miles are on the test bike but my front brakes improved with use. I also heard pads from the 848 were better.There isn't too many options for luggage other than the Ducati stuff which is like hens teeth or to scab something together through trial and error. I love my 1100s but it is challenging to even carry a baseball cap on.I ended up picking up a vintage Goldwing just for going to work and running errands. Come to think of it I also use it for touring with th wife.so the Duc isn't getting the mijes wracked up on it. sure love jumping on it after riding the Wing all day.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts