Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
It's an awful design for any automobile
It's like the first iteration of anything, it will need to be "updated" soon after it comes out. It's like it was designed by someone who had never driven/used a pickup before. Oh, wait...

This guy gets it, he parrots a lot of the complaints I've seen from truck owners on a couple of forums.

·
Smut peddler
874 Posts
When (if not already) are the retrofit kits going to come out? Lot of cars could be saved from the graveyard if it was economical for wrenching hobbyists to do convert. I can see it right now, a 1992 Honda CRX blowing the doors off of a C8 Vette, blasting uptown funk as they pass by.

·
Registered
660 Posts
There is a whole "underground" scene of folks converting older cars to electric already. I had thought about doing it at one time, but other projects took priority, so I sold the donor instead to someone who wanted to restore it.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
There is a whole "underground" scene of folks converting older cars to electric already. I had thought about doing it at one time, but other projects took priority, so I sold the donor instead to someone who wanted to restore it.
Yeah, what I've been reading they like to salvage the motor(s) out of wrecked Teslas, and the battery packs out of Nissan Leafs (for their size).

It's the start of a whole new game....full sized slotcars!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts