Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
The radar cross-section of a vehicle can be reduced by using shapes that redirect radar signals. Faceted-angle surfaces like that of the testla truck provide significant reduction in radar signature. For example, the F-117 stealth aircraft has a radar cross-section of about 1 square inch. Radar absorbant material coatings reduce the radar signature further (a future Tesla option?)

I think a radar-invisible Cybertruck is what we're looking at here. I'm in.
Picture 2019-12-01 at 10.19.42 AM.jpg

·
Registered
542 Posts
The radar cross-section of a vehicle can be reduced by using shapes that redirect radar signals. Faceted-angle surfaces like that of the testla truck provide significant reduction in radar signature. For example, the F-117 stealth aircraft has a radar cross-section of about 1 square inch. Radar absorbant material coatings reduce the radar signature further (a future Tesla option?)

I think a radar-invisible Cybertruck is what we're looking at here. I'm in. View attachment 977222
Precisely. Add a little stealth coating sourced from Alibaba or Amazon, and shezam!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Elon Musk. He' s a forward thinker who just flat gets things done. I think the guy is amazing and the world could use more like him.

I just dont understand this design, its more like a slap in the face to purposeful aesthetic design. It's like he decided to make it as ridiculous as he could to see if he could sell any old crap to the masses - and he proved the masses will do what they are told.

Why didnt he build something beautiful when he had the chance? This truck would have been spectacular, I would buy this baby, there's no way Id set foot in that reject from battlestar gallactica:

It’s barely a truck with that short little bed.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
And he's trained to aim at a good reflector like a headlight.
Or a license plate should the state you live in require a front plate. I can't affordthe ugly thing so, I'll get by on my own.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don’t get all the hate...? If you don’t like it then don’t buy it. I didn’t like it when I first saw it, BUT it really grew on me.

I like my ICE vehicles, but I would also love to own a Tesla. I would buy this thing if it could fit down my tiny narrow Japanese street.

The people harping about ice vs electric? Who cares, support a real American company. Tesla stomps all over every other EV. Functionally it’s a badass truck, and it’s affordable unlike most trucks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
What the
I dont see how military radar concerns would be in the slightest way aplicable to this stupid childish truck design, but it's clear that Elon has his finger on the pulse of the easily brainwashed masses of today and he knows how to manipulate a good portion of the population. Yeah - down with toxic masculinity, long live the neutral gendered kindergarten people!!!
What are you on about? It’s a truck. Maybe I’m missing something by not living in America, but I cannot fathom how you’re making this connection. I’m definitely on the conservative side of a lot of issues and I like EV.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Put a deposit on the tri motor. Putting on flame suit now...

·
Mexican Ducatista
950 Posts

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I would love to have an electric truck to haul my 9-10,000lb 5th wheel toyhauler around. But it wouldn't be THAT ugly lump.

I could recharge at the RV park since each site has at least a 30 amp plug, many have 50 amp service. And I hardly ever go more than 3 or 4 hundred miles a day.

But it wouldn't do me much good if I went boondocking, away from civilization and electricity. Which I have done in Alaska, Canada, Wisconsin....

Maybe a hybrid would make more sense.

·
Premium Member
12,128 Posts
A HONDA Ridgeline! A ranchero, an el camino
Elon ain't so dumb.
Seems like he is drawing much needed attention.
A True test of any truck is too fill the box heaping full with steaming cattle manure (ifin runny Pig maure ain't readily available) and head for the pasture then to the plowed fields, put her thru her paces.

I blew away a Ridgeline when they first came out with my 68 Ford Ranger, a distracted dude driving the Honda with a broad in the passanger seat yacking at a stop sign. I tapped the horn and the driver flipped me the bird then we turned left, I hit the afterburners and wasted the Honda ,and oh yeah burned far too much fuel while having some fun.
The VW " Thing" ?

·
Bon Vivant
10,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I would love to have an electric truck to haul my 9-10,000lb 5th wheel toyhauler around. But it wouldn't be THAT ugly lump.

I could recharge at the RV park since each site has at least a 30 amp plug, many have 50 amp service. And I hardly ever go more than 3 or 4 hundred miles a day.

But it wouldn't do me much good if I went boondocking, away from civilization and electricity. Which I have done in Alaska, Canada, Wisconsin....

Maybe a hybrid would make more sense.
The only problem is, put 10,000 pounds behind that thing and see what happens to the range...

81 - 100 of 107 Posts