Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 21 of 107 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys seen this abomination? I mean geeze the low budget made for TV Sci Fi shows from the 70's did a better job!
This is an affront to anyone who's ever spent 4 years studying to be an automotive designer...
its insulting.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That is the most disgusting vehicle I have ever seen. The monkey should be returned to the Zoo. Hasn`t got a clue. Also please find the village idiot and return him home too.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

I saw that thing on the news yesterday .... the video of Muskity Musk and his assistant showing off the (ahem) "armored windows" total and complete FAIL when the assistant tossed a "metal ball" at the driver's side window popped it like standard auto safety glass .... then AGAIN on the second try at the rear driver's said window .... in front of a theater full of people ... and cameras ... was priceless.

Tesla's stock value dropped almost 7% directly after the total FAIL of the windows. That's a lot of money when what that company is worth is taken into consideration.

The range is hailed to be 500 miles on a charge for the "high end model" .... and MSRP is estimated at under $40k for the low end model. Even though it looks like something from a really bad 1970s Sci Fi movie starring Jan Michael Vincent. Or an episode of the Planet Of The Apes TV series from the 70s.

The failed window test was shown every hour on yesterday's cable news. HA! Go back to building underground freeways, Elon!

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
I glance at that pic and thought to myself "WTF did somebody revive the DeLorean Motor Company? And now they're building trucks?"

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Yea! ... and since the truck has so much more cargo space than the DeLorean, there's even MOAR room for even MOAR cocaine !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Cold, impersonal, unfriendly, pretty much useless, and lacking the slightest hint of any type of character ...

Should be a big hit with the next couple of generations coming our way.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,547 Posts
I looks like something Jeremy Clarkson made

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Planet of the Apes TV version...............wasnt all that bad.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’m the odd-man out, I dig it. It’s refreshing to see something so contrary to the styling trend of the last decade, even if it’s different to be just to be so. It’s a real antithesis of what Bangle started (and rehashed to the extreme by the all other manufactures. I really appreciate Bangle’s idea behind the design, but it never seemed to work on a car, any car). I dig this truck as an object of contemplations, I really like it (would I buy one if I could is another story though).

·
Bon Vivant
10,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m the odd-man out, I dig it. It’s refreshing to see something so contrary to the styling trend of the last decade, even if it’s different to be just to be so. It’s a real antithesis of what Bangle started (and rehashed to the extreme by the all other manufactures. I really appreciate Bangle’s idea behind the design, but it never seemed to work on a car, any car). I dig this truck as an object of contemplations, I really like it (would I buy one if I could is another story though).
Are you talking about Bangel's time at BMW? I'm not sure how that is relevant to this. (I rather like his designs, I've owned five recent BMW's) If you mean this is the antithesis of good automotive design I'd have to agree with you. Hell if you think what the world needs is a truck that looks to be designed by a todler then I'd like some of whatever it is you're smoking...

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
... give it a few years, everyone will be making some version of this design ... and the city-slicker-ranchers will all own one ... or two. They'll park them next to their electric HumVees. And in the parking lots of meatless burger stands, and at the Church of the Fartless Cow on Sundays. Recharging them will be covered by their free $1k per month gov't checks.

Brave New World Baby!!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Wubba Dub Dub!!!!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
We must all be idiots. I hated it too, when I first got a glimpse of it. Hardly what I'd call a truck. In the days since though, apparently Elon Musk and co. have received over 150K orders for one. :oops:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
... give it a few years, everyone will be making some version of this design ... and the city-slicker-ranchers will all own one ... or two. They'll park them next to their electric HumVees. And in the parking lots of meatless burger stands, and at the Church of the Fartless Cow on Sundays. Recharging them will be covered by their free $1k per month gov't checks.

Brave New World Baby!!!!! Woo Hoo!!! Wubba Dub Dub!!!!!

View attachment 976824
Sooo true. As others have expressed here, I'm just glad I lived when I did and got to enjoy mechanical things.

And speaking of which, yesterday a young guy on a cell phone, of course, walked right in front of my very large mechanical 1995 Ford Bronco and almost got to see the future for himself. It's a world of morons now.

1 - 21 of 107 Posts