Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was speaking to Bob Steinbugler today about the incoming DB7 Carbonio and we got on the topic of my Tesi 3D ser# 3 that has surfaced here again recently. I was not aware that the first 27 Tesi 3Ds were a "Limited Edition" with the billet clutch and brake fluid containers in the aluminum and red scheme to match the bike, coming also with a watch and commemorative booklet. The later issues have the normal Brembo plastic containers on the bars. So much for thinking you know your bikes and not really knowing diddly. Dave

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome to the world of Bimota!! Did you ask him about the control arms? I've had multiple occasions where sequential serial numbered bikes had differences also. Bob is on HD Theater in 2 minutes. Twist the Throttle

Joe

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your kind words, but I entered the "World of Bimota" in the late 80s when I bought my first one new. Since then I have managed to acquire one of each model except the SB2 and KB2 beginning with a KB1, a very very rare SB3, HB2, etc up through my newest save the DB7, a lovely and very versatile DB6R. Up to nearly 30 Bimota now. Too many says the Missus, never enough says me. (Except the Mantra, too damn ugly for my taste and up for sale.) Dave

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wish I had 30 Bimota's at the same time!! Most I ever had was seven at once. Started in '93. I was lucky that I was able to average over 25k miles a year, all on Bimotas, for about 12 years. Now only average about 15k total a year, half on the Beemer. Would love to see a group photo of Bob and your bikes all together at the same time. Did you ever go to any of the Bimota gatherings in the 90's??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts