Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this by chance on a Jap. web site. "In world 25 units. It is BIKE which is called 3 - 4 units in inner Japan" Translated by Yahoo Babelfish from http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/mahimahi/5004

I know where one is in Berlin, perhaps moving to France soon???? Where are the rest?

Would love to get my hands on one.:yeah::cool:

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Here's my really quick and rough translation.

4/12/2003

This has officially become part of my family.

I really wanted this bike for a long time.

I longed to ride it, sometime.

There are only 25 in the world. 3 or 4 of these bikes are in Japan, I am told.

I didn't ever expect to have it be part of my family.

I am too proud for words.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's my really quick and rough translation.

4/12/2003

This has officially become part of my family.

I really wanted this bike for a long time.

I longed to ride it, sometime.

There are only 25 in the world. 3 or 4 of these bikes are in Japan, I am told.

I didn't ever expect to have it be part of my family.

I am too proud for words.
Well it seems like he will not be selling it any time soon :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

The buyer is really a lucky man. I have never seen a Tesi 1D EF for sale or for real... This bike is just too rare. I would like to know how much he paid for such a jewel.

atomibart

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hello,

The buyer is really a lucky man. I have never seen a Tesi 1D EF for sale or for real... This bike is just too rare. I would like to know how much he paid for such a jewel.

atomibart
Interesting statement. When the EF was briefly available here in the US, the distributor was faced with zero interest. There was a bit more interest in the DB2EF, but at the time, and today, these bikes bring little or no premium over the normal DB2. Sic Transit Gloria Mundai. Dave

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Hello,

atomibart
One of the other pages mentioned that the dealer where he found the bike was asking 2.4M Yen, which was about $20K US in 2003.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there was one for sale on here not that long ago from a guy in Berlin. I am still waiting to hear back from one person who had been looking for one to see if he got it. I know I offered the guy a price and got no reply at all so it must have been tooooooo low. I think that perhaps it may have been a mistake as I may not see one for a long time again.

I know I have heard from others here and in other forums that the early Tesi is a bit of a handfull (both as a machine to maintain and to ride due to lack of turning cap.) but then you will not use it as a daily driver.
A picture just for drooling rights :D

·
Flying Brit
1,825 Posts
I had an early Tesi 1DSR with 944 kit and it was a blast! it rode exceptionally well...owned for several yrs then sold it around 2004 I believe...wish I never sold it :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

Catimann I see you are really interested in that Tesi and you mentioned above that perhaps it was moving to France...
Well you are right.
It is now in my garage and like the Japanese buyer of the Tesi 1D EF I cannot find the words to say how happy I am... Like Ducati said when Stoner became world champion : Dreams come true.

First comment about the bike itself : I was a bit surprised by the colorscheme at the beginning but I must admit it fits the Tesi very well. And it is much more beautiful in real than on the pictures.

For the moment I need to find some spare parts and to clean it to give it a 'like new' condition and I will post other pictures as soon as possible.

atomibart

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello,

Catimann I see you are really interested in that Tesi . . .
It is now in my garage . . . it is much more beautiful in real than on the pictures.

atomibart
Lucky so and so, :cool: I will need to bide my time and save my pennies as I know they add up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,

On the webpage of the Japanese owner of the Tesi 1D EF we can see that he also owns a Tesi 1D 851 and a Tesi 1D SR. He really likes the 'Tesi' concept...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Found this by chance on a Jap. web site. "In world 25 units. It is BIKE which is called 3 - 4 units in inner Japan" Translated by Yahoo Babelfish from http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/mahimahi/5004

I know where one is in Berlin, perhaps moving to France soon???? Where are the rest?

Would love to get my hands on one.:yeah::cool:
For me, the Tesi 1D FE and the V-Due are where the Bimota love affair began. The fire still burns now more than ever! Does anyone have a clue how many of the 25 1D FEs are in the USA?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts