Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry guys, ive had to bow to the wifes pressure, i was dead keen to get hold of a hypermotard, everything was sorted. However i have been outvoted and have been made to trade the monster in for a shiney (well matte black) streetfighter 848, dont you just hate it when the wife gets involved and wont let you buy what you want :D

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
848 SF is a really nice bike.

You should have taken her for a 10k ride on the back and she would have had second thoughts.

Other option - trade her in:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trading her in isnt such a good idea, she is my retirement plan, and she paid for the bike. we live in bondi, so mostly city driving is why i wanted something manouverable. the reason she cares is she is the majority rider, i know its a shock, but its true, the motard wasnt her "look". The motard isnt out of the picture completely though, part 2 of this post will be me buying the motard, but that wont be till sometime next year, she's taking an extended holiday leaving me with months of bike time before i have to share it again. I did have a small say in the whole thing, i got to choose the colour (matte black) and put the full exhaust/tuning system onto it, so it should sound awsome.

josh

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
trading her in isnt such a good idea, she is my retirement plan, and she paid for the bike. we live in bondi, so mostly city driving is why i wanted something manouverable. the reason she cares is she is the majority rider, i know its a shock, but its true, the motard wasnt her "look". The motard isnt out of the picture completely though, part 2 of this post will be me buying the motard, but that wont be till sometime next year, she's taking an extended holiday leaving me with months of bike time before i have to share it again. I did have a small say in the whole thing, i got to choose the colour (matte black) and put the full exhaust/tuning system onto it, so it should sound awsome.

josh
Whatever makes you (her) happy, but city driving is what the hyper was MADE for... The 848?... Not so much :D

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked the bike up yesterday, god damn its good fun to ride, havnt had a chance to open it up yet, i have to keep it below 6000rpm for the first thousand k's to let it run in, however i can get to 6000rpm as quick as i like. We got it from frasers here in sydney and to be fair, they have been excellant the whole way through, they can't legally fit the exhaust and fender eliminator till the first service, however i have a feeling our neighbours are going to be pissssed when we get the exhaust system fitted. CAlexio i can appreciate that neither the streetfighter or the motard were designed for city riding, however im not at a skill level for racing, nor is the wife, so the bike will just have to suffer and wait for our abilitys to match the bikes. There is a concourse coming up in november i think, we will look at getting out to that if anyone is going to be around

Josh

·
I WON Mrs Cupcakes ;)
2,958 Posts
Picked the bike up yesterday, god damn its good fun to ride, havnt had a chance to open it up yet, i have to keep it below 6000rpm for the first thousand k's to let it run in, however i can get to 6000rpm as quick as i like. We got it from frasers here in sydney and to be fair, they have been excellant the whole way through, they can't legally fit the exhaust and fender eliminator till the first service, however i have a feeling our neighbours are going to be pissssed when we get the exhaust system fitted. CAlexio i can appreciate that neither the streetfighter or the motard were designed for city riding, however im not at a skill level for racing, nor is the wife, so the bike will just have to suffer and wait for our abilitys to match the bikes. There is a concourse coming up in november i think, we will look at getting out to that if anyone is going to be around

Josh
congrats and enjoy

let me know when the wife wants to go for a spin

;)

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
This is why I'm glad my missus isn't into bikes.
I choose my own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts