Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so I just got my Termi's as you all know they come with the modified ECU for the injection, and a new air filter, so has anybody fitted this kit???? the very vauge instructions say to remove the o2 sensor? is that right??? the kit comes with plug blanks for the electrical and to plug off where the o2 sensor was. Did you have fitted the kit yourselves, have any problems with the ECU did the TPS calibrate its self or did you have to take it to the shop??? any other tips or advice? Thanks colin.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yes, you remove the O2 sensor , plug the exhaust and cap the connector on the bike. You will also need to take the bike to the dealer to have the tps , and the co adjusted to run correctly. Your dash may also read in km, if so use the search to figure out how to change it back to US spec.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could not wait so I just finished it up!!!!:D:D
Removed the seat pad,
Removed the seat trim (carbon look alike bits, left and right
Removed the left and right fairing middles,
Removed the fuel tank, two quick release fuel lines two smaller hoses on the right side of the tank two little metal clips, removed the electrical for the fuel pump and gauge single plug in connection, replaced the cable tie when reinstalled,
Removed the left air intake (to change the filter)
Removed the old ECU under the battery on the left side, fitted new one from kit,
Removed the old cans and mounting straps,
Removed the o2 sensor and plugged it with the kit supplied bung, capped off the electrical, with kit supplied plug,
Fitted the new air filter removed three screws on the airbox and one on the air scoop on the left side,
Refitted fairings trim etc
Fitted the new Termi's...wow what a sound they make too:)
Removed the DB killers bit of a tight fit but they came in the end,
Refitted the seat.
I read the instructions about the TPS sensors it made it sound like it was important not to start the bike until they had been recalibrated however the bike started first time and ran great the idle was fine as well as the transition from idle to part throttle.
Road test time 10.10 P.M neighbors are not going to like me too much....too bad......LOL ok started it up ran it for a couple of minutes (in the garage...lol...) quick ride up the road, right then first gear is pretty much useless now..!!!!!!!! Second gear feels like first used to, the front wheel in the air without any help from me at all, third gear same thing front went very light!!!!!! man I am addicted to it now, can't wait for a proper ride tomorrow to see what it can really do... man not even my heavily modified R1 ( Graves motorsport modifications) felt like my 1198 with just the Exhaust kit installed, best 2K I have ever spent I wonder what it would have been like with the full system on????? Clutch cover and a zero double bubble coming soon then a carbon front mudguard......after that I'm sure there will be more carbon bits.
I just wanted to share that with you guy's maybe it will help with questions about doing the install yourself at home, took me 2 hours but I was also getting acquainted with the naked bike during the tear down!!!!! Colin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts