Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who went with the Termis 2 into 1 full system.

Is it still "necessary" to go and do the airbox mod that's so popular with the Hypers or is the airbox mod that comes with the system sufficient in opening up this thing up ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
the airbox lid that is included in the termi 2-1 system has a hole cut in the top to allow more filtered air in the motor.

this is the same mod that most of the hypertard owners have done ... and some owners have also gone further to allow more air in the motoro by cutting a similar sized hole in the bottom of the airbox.

i have NOT cut the hole in the bottom of the airbox, and am running the DP airbox lid with my termi 2-1 system.

ciao,
johnc

For those of you who went with the Termis 2 into 1 full system.

Is it still "necessary" to go and do the airbox mod that's so popular with the Hypers or is the airbox mod that comes with the system sufficient in opening up this thing up ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It differs, some people say it enough some people say it isnt.

I Know its to small even the dp lid.

I mounted a kn filter mg-0001 to my lid with a home made aluminium frame to mount it in and cut the airbox to match. I can tell you its a major diffrence, from 4500 to 8500 it djust pulls so hard.

I had a filter made before this one that used the original hole in the box and the new one is a big diffrence from that one.

Ill hit the dyno tomorrow for results.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
do you have some photos of your work? how about those dyno #'s?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts