Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20191108_132034.jpg
So I recently bought a multistrada 950s and it came with a termignoni slip on exhaust titanium. the exhaust is really SILENT and i was just wondering if you guys have any experience with this specific exhaust in removing the silencer, db killer or catalytic of the exhaust.I want to achieve the rumbling sound that i hear from other slip on exhaust from akrapovic and other brands.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can't speak directly of this bike, but you'd likely need a de-cat to make any noticeable difference in volume levels. I de-catted my 1200S and it made a HUGE difference. (though I did also add a slip-on)

·
Registered
49 Posts
if ever i remove the catalytic converter will it cause any faults to the computer or no? thanks
No, at worst you will need to install a fuel controller like a power commander, bazzaz or rapid bike to correct the fueling. But it will not throw any codes (other than if the bike has an exhaust valve, not sure about the 950, my de-cat came with a spacer to fool the ECU into thinking the exhaust valve self-test completed normally)

Since de-catting, my bike backfires a bit on deceleration (it's running rich now), but other than that there were no negatives to removing the cat on my bike.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Seems all of the db limiting is in the cat now. Slip (often) look better, but sound virtually no different. My stock 2012 pipe from the PO is basically straight through

1 - 7 of 7 Posts